If you are in a conversation with a small group of people, whether they are friends or acquaintances that you have just met; or people you work with. It can be difficult to break the ice and start a conversation easily.
Have you ever travelled alone to a haunted spot? Do you think what Sara has done to me yesterday was right? Easy icebreaker questions like these are a great way to get your friends or team out of work mode for a while and establish a quick connection.
Easy icebreaker questions help you to develop rapport quickly. It’s not just about talking about yourself either.
You need to be able to talk about something interesting, funny, or at least relevant to the topic at hand to move the conversation forward.
If you don’t know anything about the person across from you, what do you say?
You might have a great idea that you think would be really fun to do, but if no one else knows what it is then it doesn’t matter because they won’t care anyway.
So here are some more best quick and easy icebreakers questions that will help get things moving:
- Easy Icebreaker questions
- Quick icebreaker questions
- Simple icebreaker questions
- Fun Easy icebreaker questions
- Easy icebreaker questions for adults
- Easy icebreaker questions for small groups
- Quick and easy icebreaker questions for work
- Quick and easy icebreaker questions for virtual meetings and work meetings
- Easy Icebreaker conversation topics
Easy Icebreaker questions
1. What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?
2. Which movie character would be your best friend and why?
3. What is your favorite TV show? Why do you like it so much?
4. Who is your favorite sports team and why do you like them?
5. What are your hobbies/interests?
6. Where do your friends come from that you met online? (Online gaming, forums, chat rooms etc) How did they become your friends?
7. Do you know someone famous personally/have a celebrity crush etc? Who are they and how did that person become famous or what do you like about them so much?
8. What are some small things that make your day better?
9. What qualities do all your friends have in common?
10. What’s something that happened or something that someone said that changed how you view the world?
11. What’s something that really annoys you?
12. Do you like coffee or tea?
13. What’s one thing that always makes you laugh?
14. What made you smile today?
15. What do you find most attractive in a partner?
Quick icebreaker questions
Here is a list of easy and quick icebreakers questions that actually work:
16. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
17. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
18. Are there any causes that you’re passionate about?
19. Do you like music and if so, what type of music do you enjoy listening to the most?
20. If you could be an Olympic athlete, what sport would you choose to compete in?
21. What movie is your life more like?
22. What body part do you wish was detachable and why?
23. If you could change anything about your life right now, what would it be?
24. If you could open up a business, what type of business would it be?
25. What decade do you wish you were born in?
26. If you could be anyone else for hours, who would it be?
27. What’s the most unappealing food combination that somebody made (ie ranch dressing on pancakes)?
28. Who did you have a crush on when you were younger?
29. What’s the worst joke someone has ever told you?
30. If there was one animal that you could turn into for one day, what animal would it be and why?
Simple icebreaker questions
These are some best basic and simple icebreakers to get to know someone:
31. What was the last movie you went to?
32. If you had intro music, what song would it be?
33. What’s the most recent thing you’ve learned?
34. What is your favorite way to waste time?
35. What’s your favorite board game? Card game?
36. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
37. Do you have any hidden talents?
38. What is your favorite family tradition?
39. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
40. How do you unwind after a hard day of work/school?
41. What is the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
42. Which three famous people, living or dead, would you like to have dinner with? Why?
43. Who do you text the most in this group chat right now?
44. Who knows me the best in this group chat right now?
45. Dogs or cats? Why? (Then go around and share who has which pet)
Also read: 100+ Deep Icebreaker questions
Fun Easy icebreaker questions
The following is a list of Fun easy icebreaker questions to ask when you get bored:
46. What’s one thing that always makes you laugh no matter how bad your day is going? (Then go around and share stories)
47. What’s the first thing you will do when this is over?
48. Did you have a nickname as a kid? What was it?
49. If you had to be stuck in an elevator with someone, who would you choose? Why?
50. How do you feel about your job? Are you happy, fulfilled, miserable? Why or why not?
51. What are your biggest fears in life?
52. What’s something that people don’t know about you or would never guess about you just by looking at you?
53. Who has influenced you the most in your life and how did they influence you?
54. If someone told you that out of all the people in your group, they were going to give one person $ million dollars, but kept it a secret until tomorrow, who would everyone think it would be and why?
55. What’s the best gift anyone has ever given to you and why was it so special?
56. When was the last time someone gave you a genuine compliment and what did they say that made it so special to hear from them?
57. What’s your favorite thing to do for fun?
58. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
59. If you could have any three wishes, what would they be?
60. What was the best vacation you ever took? Why did you enjoy it so much?
Easy icebreaker questions for adults
Here is a list of easy icebreaker questions for adults to establish a rapport quickly:
61. What do you think is the best thing about being a parent?
62. If you had to pick one song to describe who or what I am right now, what song would it be and why?
63. What’s your favorite thing about being young?
64 As an adult, have there been any times that have caused you to think deeply about things and change your mind on them later on in life?
65. Tell me about a time when you felt most confident in yourself and why?
66. How do you feel about the future of our country and how do you think we will get there?
67. How do you know that we are all connected at some level?
68. What advice would you give someone who wants to be successful but isn’t sure what they should do next?
69. What is the biggest challenge that you’ve overcome in life and how did you overcome it?
70. Tell me what makes you laugh out loud when reading a good book or watching a movie scene?
Easy icebreaker questions for small groups
Here is a list of easy icebreaker questions for small groups that successfully work:
71. If you could only use one social media platform for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
72. What is your favorite classic novel?
73. What is the last thing you watched on Netflix?
74. If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic comedy, an action film, or science fiction?
75. What are three websites you visit every day?
76. You’re hosting an intimate dinner party with four people in history, who do you invite?
77. Would you rather have unlimited international first-class tickets for life or never have to pay for food at restaurants?
78. What was the best phase in your life?
79. Who is your role model and why?
80. If you could learn any language fluently, what would it be and why?
81. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen on the internet this week?
82. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
83. What is one subject you are passionate about learning more about?
84. What would you do if you knew no one would judge you?
85. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?
Quick and easy icebreaker questions for work
Here is a list of easy team building questions that work as quick icebreakers for work:
86. What is your single biggest problem at work?
87. If you were to leave your job tomorrow, what would be the one thing that you would take with you?
88. What is the best advice that anyone has ever given you?
89. What do you dislike most about working in your current position?
90. How much money do you want to make at work by the time you’re retired?
91. What is your favorite thing about working at this company?
92. How many days a week do you typically take off from work?
93. If you could have lunch with anyone in the world today, who would it be and why?
94. Give me an example of something that happened during one of your meetings or conference calls where one of your coworkers had an idea or came up with an interesting way of solving a problem that helped everyone succeed together on a project or task?
95. How do you feel about being a leader? Do you consider yourself a natural leader or do you have to work hard at it?
Quick and easy icebreaker questions for virtual meetings and work meetings
Here is a list of easy icebreaker questions for virtual meetings like zoom and work-related meetings:
96. Why should we use virtual meetings?
97. What are the benefits of virtual meetings?
98. How can we make a good impression in a virtual meeting?
99. How can we improve our communication skills during a virtual meeting?
100. Are there any tips and tricks to improve our presentation skills during a virtual meeting?
101. What is the best way to stay motivated while participating in a virtual meeting?
102. How can we avoid distractions when participating in a virtual meeting?
103. How can we optimize the quality of our voice during a virtual meeting?
104. What are some common mistakes that people make when participating in a virtual meeting or team building exercise?
105. What are some tips for improving team collaboration in a virtual environment?
106. How can we increase collaboration among participants of an online group discussion forum or discussion board?
107. What are some examples of effective team-building exercises that have been used by businesses and organizations around the world?
Easy Icebreaker conversation topics
Here are some best and easy icebreaker conversation topics that connect you easily with others:
1) The role of religion in society
2) The role of science in society
3) Race and ethnicity
4) Gender roles
5) Politics and government
6) Education policy, from preschool to higher education
7) Free speech and freedom of expression
8) The environment, from climate change to pollution to recycling
9) The media, from journalism to social media to advertising
10) Human rights and freedom of speech, the rule of law and government accountability (e.g., corruption and nepotism)
11) Science and technology (e.g., biotechnology, artificial intelligence, space exploration, robotics)
12) Religion as a state institution (e.g., mosques, churches, synagogues, temples; religious holidays; prayer rooms in public schools); whether or not religion should be taught in public schools; whether it should be allowed in public places such as parks or museums;
whether religion should be allowed as a topic on tests or exams (e.g., national exams); what kind of relationships between religions should exist in a modern society (e.g., is there a place for interfaith marriages?)