It is important to consider some good questions to ask friends and have a deep conversation with them, whether they are new friends or your close best friends.
- Why to ask questions to friends?
- How to start a conversation with friends?
- Ways to start a conversation with friends
- How to ask questions to friends?
- What questions to ask your friends?
- Questions to ask friends
- Funny questions to ask friends
- Juicy questions to ask your friends
- Deep questions to ask friends
- Weird questions to ask your friends
- Questions to ask friends when bored
- Questions to ask friends for fun
- Spicy questions to ask friends
- Questions to ask your friends about yourself
- Best questions to ask friends
- Funny questions to ask friends when bored
- Good questions to ask friends
- Interesting questions to ask friends
- Random questions to ask your friends
- Hard questions for friends
- Dirty questions to ask friends when bored
- Questions to ask friends to get to know them
- Personal questions to ask a friend
- Controversial questions to ask a friend:
- Trivia questions to ask friends
- Truth questions to ask your friends
- Friends with benefits questions to ask
- Dumb questions to ask your friends
- Embarrassing questions to ask your friends
- Relationship questions to ask friends
- Questions to ask your boyfriend
- Serious questions to ask your friends
- Trick questions to ask your friends
- Psychology questions to ask friends
Why to ask questions to friends?
Friendships are about intimacy, sharing, and bonding. Studies have shown that close friendships can be more beneficial to people’s physical and mental health than other types of relationships.
As per psychology, there are many benefits of having conversations and asking questions to your friends. A few of these benefits include:
- It helps in boosting your confidence level and self-esteem, especially when you are around people who care about you.
- It heals you and helps you develop your personality by connecting with like-minded people such as friends.
- It spurs learning and exchanging of ideas.
- It helps in increasing your social support system (networking) which will help you during tough times in life.
- Asking questions to your friends helps you to get to know each other deeply and that may advance your relationship status for the better.
How to start a conversation with friends?
According to the research, you can start a conversation with anyone by asking them about a common interest. This is because people have an innate desire to be liked by someone else.
We want to feel like part of a group and we want to be accepted by our peers.
We also want to feel like we are important in someone’s life, which means that we want them to like us.
So if you see that someone has a common interest with you, then it’s easy for you to start a conversation with them.
You can also start a conversation with someone by asking them questions about their interests or background.
This is because asking questions helps us learn about people and it helps us understand what makes them tick.
This may seem like an easy task, but sometimes it can be difficult if the person doesn’t know much about themselves or what they like doing on a regular basis.
If you want some help with effective communication, here are some more ways to start a conversation with friends:
PRO TIP: Conversation is a very important part of our lives. We often spend time with other people, either at work or at home, and having a good conversation with them always helps us to feel better and improves our mood.
Ways to start a conversation with friends
1. Start by asking questions.
2. Sharing an image, video, or news you found online.
3. By complimenting or congratulating them for their recent achievement.
4. By being upfront and saying that you want to check on them in a cute way.
5. By approaching and telling them that you need their help, suggestions, and advice.
This way they feel that they are reliable, trustworthy, and have a likable personality.
One thing to remember in a conversation with your friends is that the tone of your communication is directly proportional to the responses you receive from them.
So, when you are asking questions to your friends; be kind, show empathy, and try to be open with whomever you want to build a deep relationship with.
How to ask questions to friends?
There are many ways to ask questions to your friends. You can ask them in person, over the phone, or even through a text message. The most important thing is to be genuine and sincere when asking your friends questions.
What questions to ask your friends?
Here are some conversation topics to ask your friends:
1. Ask some funny questions as a conversation starter to build an instant rapport.
2. Ask about their family and his/her health condition.
3. Ask about their past, and present; and also their plans for the future.
4. Ask random deep questions about people, society, world, universe etc. (Ask the topics they are interested in. And then proceed comfortably)
5. Ask them if they’d like to hang out again soon — or if they’ve thought about what you could do together next time (or if you should drop by).
6. Be interested in their life, not just in what they have to say about it!
If you ask questions to your friends, and listen to the answers, you’ll learn a lot more than if you just listen while thinking up your own questions ahead of time.
And it will be easier for both of you because there’s less pressure on either person to create conversation by putting words into the other’s mouth.
In this article, you will find a huge list of questions to ask your friends, best friends, boyfriends or girlfriends from funny to deep and juicy to sexy and weird with so many variations.
Continue reading to explore more questions for friends:
Questions to ask friends
Here is a huge list of questions to ask your friends:
1. What is success? What does it mean to you? Is it wealth? Is it fame? Or is it something else entirely?
This is an important question because it defines how you should live your life and what goals to set for yourself. It will also help you determine what kind of person you want to be, which can have a big impact on your future.
2. How do you know when you’ve found your purpose in life?
This is a very important question because finding out what drives us forward in life is essential for living a happy and fulfilling life.
If we don’t know what drives us then we won’t know where our limits lie or how far we can go with our dreams and desires, so asking yourself this question is crucial if you want to live the best possible life that’s suited just for you!
3. What is one thing that makes living on earth worth it for you?
This question is designed to get your friend thinking about things that are important to him or her. You can use these questions for yourself, or you can ask your friends or others.
You might find that sometimes the answers are different depending on who you ask (and why).
4. Why are we here and where is everyone?
This seems to be a simple one at first. But if you think deeply, this is one of the best questions to ask your friend.
Because, on a philosophical note, this question refers to the whole species on earth. This question will make your friend think and realize it is not only unanswerable by science but are highly subjective and open to interpretation,
Which makes them extremely difficult to quantify, measure, or even defines with any great precision.
5. Can you show me one thing which is not a matter of opinion?
6. How many times do you think in a day?
7. If there were no limitations in life, what would you be doing?
8. If you could ask for anything from God for yourself, what would it be?
9. What does it mean by “Be true to yourself”? How can we be true to ourselves?
10. What do you mean by “Time is Money”? How can we save time and earn money at the same time?
PRO TIP: In a conversation, to build an instant connection with your new friend, know the person you are talking to. This will help you understand their personality better and will make them feel more comfortable with you.
Funny questions to ask friends
Here is a great list of fun questions to ask friends:
11. Is it wrong to steal a car, if you’re a police officer?
12. How did you die in your past life?
13. Why can’t I just have one more cookie, please?
14. Why does my dog keep saying that he’s not hungry – he’s just thirsty?
15. If you had a billion dollars, will you make them bury with you when you die?
16. What is better – having your eyes closed or open?
17. How do you know if you are actually high?
18. What happens when you crossbreed a frog and a fish?
19. Do fish have nightmares?
20. Do animals have time machines?
21. Which came first – the chicken or the egg?
22. Is it possible to eat nothing but potatoes for the rest of your life?
23. Would you rather eat a rotten potato or drink muddy water?
24. Would you survive in the wild if money didn’t exist anymore?
25. If you could bring back one person from the dead, who would it be and why?
26. If a mute person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?
Juicy questions to ask your friends
Here are some Juicy questions to ask your friends:
27. What would you do if you knew that nothing would ever be the same again?
28. What would you do if your entire life was a lie?
29. If you were given the opportunity to live as an animal, what animal would you be?
30. If you could build anything out of anything, what would it look like?
31. If someone asked for the one thing that would save humanity, what would it be?
32. How many steps are there from your front door to the place where you work every day?
33. If you had one year left on earth, how would you spend it?
34. What do you want to be remembered for when your life is over? What will people say about you when they talk about the way you lived your life?
35. If someone wrote an autobiography about your life, what would it be titled and why?
36. In 100 years from now, what would be different about the world if everyone lived as if this were true?
37. Do dogs have a sense of purpose?
38. Do dogs read a person’s intentions?
39. Are there more than three or four dimensions?
40. What is the source of all matter in the universe?
41. Why did planets form?
Also read: 100+ Juicy questions to ask your friends (about each other & in friend group)
Deep questions to ask friends
If you are wondering What are deep questions to ask your friends, then here are some Deep questions to ask your friends:
42. What does it mean to be alive?
43. Is there any purpose or meaning to existence? If so, what is it?
44. What if we accept that there is no purpose and instead look at our lives as a gift? A gift that we can enjoy while we are here and live happily ever after when we die (if there is such a thing).
45. Is there a God?
46. Are we alone in the universe?
47. What is consciousness?
48. How old is the universe?
49. Why do we dream?
50. What is love?
51. How does one define “freedom”?
52. What is life?
53. How does one define “knowledge”?
54. What is the difference between ‘Rights’ and ‘Duties’?
Weird questions to ask your friends
Here is a list of disturbing and Weird questions to ask your friends:
55. How would you like to die?
56. Would you rather live in a world with no pain or suffering or a world with no war and violence? Why? And why not both?
57. How can we create peace in our hearts and minds by sharing love and compassion for others?
58. Do children realize how lucky they are to have such great parents for them?
59. Are too many people making bad choices leading us toward world peace?
60. My bank is charging me $3 each time I use my ATM card; why shouldn’t banks be more like department stores where they charge me more than $3 just for coming inside?
61. If someone says Why don’t birds’ teeth fall out?, how would you respond (without looking dumb)?
62. Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
63. Why do people say ‘bless you’ when you sneeze? Is there a sudden influx of angels that fly out of your mouth?
64. Why doesn’t Tarzan have a beard?
Questions to ask friends when bored
Here is a list of fun and deep questions to ask a friend when bored:
65. How life began?
66. Why do we sleep?
67. What causes people to be unhappy?
68. Who are you? What makes you who you are?
69. What are your values? What do you stand for? How will you live out those values today?
70. What’s the most important thing in your life? Why?
71. What do you want to accomplish this year? Why?
72. What will happen if you don’t accomplish it?
73. What will happen if you do?
74. How will it change your life?
75. What is stopping you from getting started right now?
76. What would make it easier for you to start right now?
77. What is one thing that would help improve your life in just one day?
78. What would have to change first before we could start working together?
79. How do I know if I am doing a good job at my job (or not)? Is there anything else I should know before making a decision about this project/idea/product?
Questions to ask friends for fun
Here are some funny and hilarious questions to ask friends for fun
80. If you throw some French bread in water does it become French toast?
81. If our eyes are never still and there are 60 muscles moving them around, how come we can’t see ourselves blink or wiggle them around behind our eyes when we move them ourselves?
82. How do they get a deer to cross at that yellow road sign with all those white stripes going across it?
83. When two guys go into business together do they have to split everything fifty-fifty?
84. How many times do I have to divide by zero before I get one?
85. How much money does an 8 x 10 room cost?
86. If money doesn’t grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
87. Why is it called Alcoholics Anonymous when the first thing you do is stand up and say, ‘My name is Bob, and I am an alcoholic’?
88. If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
Spicy questions to ask friends
These are some Intimate and spicy questions for friends:
89. Which part of the woman’s body is your favorite smell?
90. What do you do in the shower other than bathing?
91. How do you think I look?
92. What is your idea of a perfect date night?
93. What is that one thing that you like the most in me?
94. What would be your ideal romantic getaway?
95. Do you think I am sexy? Or do I need to gain weight?
96. Do you think there are people who are naturally good at sex or it’s something one needs to learn? What’s your take on this?
97. What is the worst thing you ever did to a girl?
Questions to ask your friends about yourself
Here is a list of deep questions to ask friends about yourself:
98. Questions to ask friends about me
99. What advice would I give myself if I could go back in time and meet myself at age 15 or 20?
100. Would it be something that I’d want to hear from someone else or from myself at that age?
101. How can I apply that advice now so that my future self will thank me later on down the road (if not today)?
102. What would be the worst thing that could happen to me?
103. What don’t I have control over?
104. What do I want more than anything else in this world?
105. If I had $1 million dollars right now, what would I spend it on?
106. If I had no limitations at all, what would I do with my life?
107. Who inspires me the most?
108. Why/how do they inspire me so much?
109. What is something that makes me feel good about myself?
110. What’s something that makes me feel bad about myself?
111. What am I afraid of? Why am I afraid of it? How can I overcome this fear?
112. When was the last time someone made me happy by doing something for me without wanting anything in return (and not just because they felt obligated to)?
Best questions to ask friends
Here is a list of best questions to ask your friends:
113. What is your biggest fear?
114. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
115. What do people say about you that makes you angry?
116. Are you proud of who you are because of who your parents are today?
117. How many times have you cried at a movie?
118. Have you ever had to force yourself to eat something because it was so good that you couldn’t stop yourself from eating it?
119. Have you ever been so angry at someone that you wanted to punch them in the face?
120. Have you ever had a crush on someone and not known how to act around them because of it?
121. Have you ever made up your mind about something only to change your mind later on?
122. What are three words people use that annoy/annoyed you?
Funny questions to ask friends when bored
Here are some crackhead and Fun questions to ask your friends when bored:
123. What happens if you stop breathing for 30 days in a row?
124. Why did Noah swat that fly?
125. When I park my car on hills, it always starts rolling backward; what am I doing wrong?
126. Why does our moon look so big when it’s coming up over head, but when we see it in pictures, we can hardly tell it’s there?
127. Isn’t the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?
128. War doesn’t determine who’s right. Does War determine who’s left?
Good questions to ask friends
Here is a list of daring good questions to ask your friends:
129. Do you understand the sacrifices that each of us makes on a daily basis to provide love, guidance, and support?
130. Are human beings living in a civilized society full of opportunities for growth, learning and development?
131. Do you take for granted all that soldiers have done so far just because we should be safe?
132. What is consciousness?
133. Why do bad things happen to good people?
134. What is the future known as? (think: singularity)
135. Are there other universes out there? (think: parallel universe)
136. What happens after death? (think: heaven)
137. Why is the sky blue?
138. What’s the speed of light?
139. What exactly makes up a black hole?
Interesting questions to ask friends
Here are some Intellectual and interesting questions to ask your friends:
140. What is dark matter?
141. What is dark energy?
142. What is the origin of life?
143. What are the origins of matter, energy and space?
144. What causes supernovas to occur?
145. Why do galaxies rotate at different speeds?
146. Can we travel to other stars in our galaxy or beyond?
147. What is the state of black holes? What happens if we fall into one?
148. What are dark matter and dark energy? Is one more dominant than the other?
149. Why does time flow differently at different rates for observers on Earth (or even within our solar system)?
Random questions to ask your friends
Here is a list of Intentional and random questions to ask friends:
150. What advice would you give to your 15 year old self?
151. What is something that you would like to ask somebody about life, love, sex, injustice, or society?
152. If you could ask a group of adults anything, what would it be?
153. What is your dream job?
154. How has your life changed in the last year?
155. What is your favorite type of music?
156. What is your favorite feature of the human body?
157. What is the best way to balance personal pursuits with altruistic pursuits?
158. What are some things you think about or like to talk about?
159. What is the one thing you have learned about life?
Hard questions for friends
The following are some Tough, difficult, and Hard questions to ask your friends:
160. Why are there so many different kinds of people in the world?
161. What life would be, if no one exists in this world?
162. How do you get the most out of life?
163. Can you live forever?
164. What does true happiness mean?
165. Why do people cheat on their spouses?
166. How did we end up on this planet? And why did we evolve into a species?
167. Can you read minds without seeing an actual person?
168. Do you believe in fate or destiny?
169. If something bad happened tomorrow, how would you feel about yourself tomorrow morning if you hadn’t done anything wrong?
170. Are there any things that are just too much for you to handle right now or will always be too much for me?
Dirty questions to ask friends when bored
Here are some annoying, uncomfortable, and dirty questions to ask a friend when bored:
171. What’s your favorite position?
172. How many people did you spend the night with so far?
173. In a single day, how many times do you mast*rbate?
174. Are you homosexual, bisexual, or pansexual?
175. What’s the best thing about being gay or lesbian?
176. Have you ever slept with old people?
177. What turns you on when you see a woman?
178. Do you think we can make it out right now?
179. Have you ever made out publicly?
180. Have you ever smelled your own ***?
Also read: 100 Dirty questions to ask friends when bored
Questions to ask friends to get to know them
Here are some mature and strange life questions to ask a friend to get to know them better
181. What is the most expensive thing you have ever bought?
182. How would your friends describe you in three words or less?
183. What makes you angry or upset?
184. Where did you grow up and why did that influence who you are today?
185. If you could have any animal in the world right now, what would it be?
186. Are there any movies or books that have influenced you recently (or in the past)? Why were they so important to you?
187. Are there any books or movies that have changed your life (for better or worse)? Explain how and why they changed your life by giving an example from one of these stories/movies/TV shows/etc…
188. What is your biggest regret?
189. If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it all?
190. How much money do you need to be happy for the rest of your life?
191. If you could magically change one thing about yourself, what would that be and why would it make you happy?
192. What are some things that make you mad about yourself or others?
Personal questions to ask a friend
Here is a list of personal questions to ask friends:
193. When did you realize your childhood was over?
194. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done? If you were given a choice between being able to fly or never having to sleep again, which would you choose?
195. What’s something that makes you laugh uncontrollably?
196. Would you rather be a horrible dancer or tone-deaf singer? Which of your friends would be the best person to go into a zombie apocalypse with?
197. If I gave you $1,000 to spend on yourself right now, what would you buy?
198. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life so far? What’s the worst excuse for breaking up with someone that you’ve ever heard?
199. If everyone in the world except for five people disappeared, who are those five people that you would want to remain?
200. Your house is on fire. You must save one item in it. What is it and why?
201. If there were a fire in your house, what would be the first thing you’d grab before getting out safely?
202. Is there a joke that always makes you laugh no matter how many times someone tells it to you?
Controversial questions to ask a friend:
Here is a list of controversial questions for friends:
203. What’s something that most people don’t know about you?
204. How long have you been together?
205. Is she your first girlfriend?
206. Did you ever cheat before?
207. How many relationships did you have before her?
208. What is the weirdest thing about your girlfriend?
209. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
210. If you could get a free sex change, would you do it?
211. Why or why not? If you could be any animal in the world, which would you be and why?
212. What is your favorite conspiracy theory?
213. What was your first ever job? How much did you get paid for it and what did the job entail?
214. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, how did it happen?
215. If you had to describe me in one word, what word would you choose?
216. Would you rather only be able to whisper or only be able to shout for the rest of your life?
Trivia questions to ask friends
Here are some easy trivia questions to ask your friends:
217. Who discovered America?
218. Who is the first president of the United States of America?
219. What is the largest continent?
220. What is the highest mountain range in the world?
221. How many countries are there in the world?
222. What is the largest animal in the sea?
223. Who landed on the moon in the year 1969?
224. Where do Bengal tigers exist?
225. What is the official language of the united kingdom?
Truth questions to ask your friends
These are some great Truth or dare questions to ask your friends:
226. How do you know if someone is telling truth?
227. Is it possible to lie without having any emotions?
228. If so, what are the emotions involved in a lie?
229. Can you lie without telling the truth?
230. Can you tell the truth without lying?
231. Can you lie about something that has no emotional significance for you?
232. Can you lie about something that does have emotional significance for you?
233. What happens when people believe your lies? Do they stop believing them or do they just not tell anyone else about them? Do they get hurt because of what they believe, or because of what they don’t believe?
Friends with benefits questions to ask
Here is a list of questions to ask your friends with benefits:
234. Is it okay for you if I sleep with other people?
235. How long do you want our friends with benefits should go?
236. Do you have any STDs?
237. Do you have any feelings for me?
238. How many rules should we keep for our FWB?
239. Do you what exactly a friends with benefits relationship is?
240. What makes you think our friends with benefits relationship works?
241. What to do if we develop feelings for each other?
242. Are you a one-man/woman person?
243. How many relationships have you had before?
Also read: 150+ Questions to ask your friends with benefits
Dumb questions to ask your friends
These are some silly, stupid and dumb questions to ask friends
244. Why do people say they slept like a baby? Babies wake up every two hours.
245. What kind of music do plants listen to?
246. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and white when you throw it away?
247. How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn’t grow in it?
248. Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?
249. Why was six afraid of seven?
250. What do you get when you cross Bill Gates and Ben Affleck?
251. What do you call someone who spends all day on Facebook?
252. What do you call 5000 dead lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
253. How can you tell when a politician is lying?
254. Why did the chicken cross the road?
255. Where does ’12’ come before ’13’?
Embarrassing questions to ask your friends
Here is a small list of Awkward and embarrassing questions to ask a friend:
256. Have you ever farted in public?
257. Have you ever touched someone’s genitals?
258. What makes you think you are good at s#x?
259. What is that you want to do with your partner that he/she doesn’t like?
260. Do you think you are a dirty and kinky-minded person?
Also read: 100+ Dirty questions to ask your friends
Relationship questions to ask friends
The following is a list of crazy questions to ask your friends about relationships:
261. If you could change one thing about me, what would it be?
262. How do you see our relationship in the future?
263. Can you describe your idea of a perfect date?
264. Do you have any fantasies that you want to fulfill?
265. Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?
266. What is the most important aspect of a friendship to you?
267. What irritates you most about other people?
268. What is the one thing that makes you feel alive?
269. When was the last time when you felt broken inside?
270. Do you believe that I can change for better or worse in the future?
Questions to ask your boyfriend
These are some easy questions to ask your guy friend:
271. Tell me about your childhood.
272. What kind of music do you like?
273. Are you a morning person?
274. Do you have a best friend?
275. What are your hobbies?
276. What’s your favorite sport?
277. What’s your favorite color?
278. What’s your favorite movie/TV show?
279. What do you think of me so far? (This is a great way to see if someone likes themself or they don’t.)
280. Would you rather live in the city, or the country? (This will give you insight into what type of person they are since some people prefer city life and some prefer country life.)
Serious questions to ask your friends
These are some honest and serious questions to ask friends:
281. What accomplishment are you most proud of having achieved so far in your life? Why is this accomplishment important to you?
282. What are your three biggest strengths and weaknesses?
283. What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life?
284. What is the most useful thing you own?
285. What do you like to do when you’re alone?
286. Who do you trust the most in your life?
287. Where do you feel like yourself?
288. What’s the best piece of advice someone has ever given you?
289. Do you have any irrational fears?
290. What’s the scariest thing that’s ever happened to you?
291. What’s the best compliment you’ve received?
Trick questions to ask your friends
Here is a list of confusing and tricky questions to ask friends:
292. If you could have lunch with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
293. If you were to die this moment, are you 100% certain that you would go to Heaven?
294. Is there anything in your life right now that is keeping you from becoming a Christian?
295. Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God and completely accurate in all it teaches?
296. Do you believe Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died for our sins, was buried and rose again bodily after 3 days?
297. Do you believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our only hope for salvation from sin?
298. Will you admit that you are a sinner in need of a Savior?
299. Will you turn from your sin and place your faith in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation from sin?
Psychology questions to ask friends
Here is a list of psychological questions to ask your friends:
301. What happens to your brain when you fall in love with someone?
302. Have you ever been diagnosed with ADHD?
303. What is your favorite psychology book?
304. What makes someone a great psychologist?
305. Is any of your friends had a Ph.D. in psychology?
306. How many personalities existed in humans?
307. How can we be more productive every day?
308. Do you know the benefits of mental models?
309. What is your go website for psychology-related articles?
310. Do I know I want to pursue my career in psychology?