Do you know the origins of Christmas? There are many stories about how Christmas evolved, but the most popular one is that it originated from a pagan winter festival called Samhain.
Christians eventually adopted the festival and renamed it Christmas, in honor of the baby Jesus who was believed to be born during the winter solstice. Today, Christmas is one of the most celebrated holidays in the world.
There are so many interesting Christmas facts that blow your mind. However, if you want to learn about them differently, then the Christmas trivia game is the perfect way to spend your time with your family, friends and guests.
The Christmas trivia questions and answers game is a fun way to learn about the festive season.
In this game, you will have to answer questions about the origins, customs, and traditions of Christmas.
If you can answer most of the questions correctly, you will be crowned the Christmas trivia champion! So get ready to learn a lot of interesting things about this festive season.
- How to play Christmas trivia game?
- Christmas trivia team names
- 100+ Christmas Trivia
- Best Movie Christmas trivia
- Kid Christmas trivia
- Easy Christmas trivia for adults (Family, friends, seniors and office party)
- Difficult Christmas trivia with answers
- Bible Christmas trivia questions and answers
- Religious Christmas trivia (Christian and Catholic)
- Jesus Trivia questions
- Funny Christmas trivia
- Random Music Christmas trivia
- Multiple choice Christmas trivia
- Hard Christmas Trivia Questions
- Santa Trivia
- True or false Christmas trivia
- Christmas food trivia with answers
How to play Christmas trivia game?
Step by step guide to play Christmas trivia game with answers
To play the Christmas trivia game, you will need a list of Christmas-related questions. These questions can be taken from a variety of sources, including holiday-themed magazines, online quizzes, blogs or you can buy this most popular classic trivia game cards set from Amazon for the entire family.
If you don’t have the budget to buy the cards, don’t worry. In this guide below you have a list of 100+ Christmas trivia with answers.
Once you have your list of these Christmas trivia questions, you will need to divide them into categories. For example, you can divide the questions into general Christmas topics, like favorite Christmas songs, foods, or movies, and specific Christmas events, like Christmas trees or Christmas cookies. However, in this blog post all Christmas questions are already categorized for you.
Then you will need to prepare yourself for a night of fun and learning! Start by reading through your questions, and picking out those that you are most knowledgeable about. Otherwise, you can play directly without preparing.
Next, you need to divide a set of people into groups or teams. Each team will need a leader, who will be responsible for directing the team’s questions and activities.
Once the teams are assembled, the fun can begin! Each team will start by reading their questions out loud, and then take turns answering them. The team that answers the question correctly will get to move on to the next question, and the team that loses the question will have to give up their turn.
The game will continue until all of the questions have been answered, and the team with the most points will be the winner! To make it more entertaining, you can treat the winning team to some special Christmas gifts!
Christmas trivia team names
If you are struggling to form groups to play, here are some ideas for christmas trivia team names you can use:
1. The chosen ones
2. Santa’s best friends
3. The elves of the North Pole
4. The children of the night
5. The hosts from Heaven
6. The angels in paradise
7. The Silent Knights
8. The Wise men
10. Unidentified Flying Objects
13. The Family
14. The underprivileged
15. The Holy Women
If you understood the rules, Now get ready to play this ultimate Christmas trivia game with questions and answers:
100+ Christmas Trivia
The following is a huge list of Questions for christmas trivia with answers:
1. How Christmas got its name?
Answer: The word Christmas comes from Middle English Cristemasse, which in turn comes from Old English Cristes-messe, literally meaning Christ’s Mass.
2. How old is Santa Claus?
Answer: 1751 Years old.
As per Email Santa, Santa Claus is 1,752 years old as of 2023. In fact, the origins of Santa Claus can be traced all the way back to a monk named Saint Nicholas, who was born between 260 and 280 A.D. in a village called Patara, which is part of modern-day Turkey.
3. Who made Christmas first?
Answer: The Romans
The Romans marked the winter solstice on December 25. The first recorded Christmas celebration was in Rome on December 25, AD 336. In the 3rd century, the date of the nativity was the subject of great interest.
4. What was Christmas old name?
Christmas, Christian festival celebrating the birth of Jesus. The English term Christmas (“mass on Christ’s day”) is of fairly recent origin. The earlier term Yule may have derived from the Germanic jōl or the Anglo-Saxon geōl, which referred to the feast of the winter solstice.
5. Which popular Christmas beverage is also called “milk punch?”
6. How do you say “Merry Christmas” in Spanish?
Answer: Feliz Navidad
7. What are Christmas trees also called?
8. What two items are traditionally put on top of a Christmas tree?
Answer: An angel or star
9. What is the oldest Christmas ornament?
Answer: Glass Baubles
10. When should a Christmas tree be taken down?
Answer: After 12 nights of Christmas
According to tradition, a Christmas tree should be kept up until 12 nights after Christmas. In the Christian religion, the Christmas season ends on the Epiphany, which is celebrated on January 6.
Best Movie Christmas trivia
The following are some of the Best Christmas movie trivia questions with answers:
1. Who plays Hollywood in Polar Express?
Answer: Tom Hanks
2. Where did the Mcallisters go on vacation in home alone?
3. Where is the house located where Home Alone was filmed?
4. What movie says every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings?
Answer: It’s a Wonderful Life
5. Who was the first choice for the movie elf?
Answer: Jim Carrey
Kid Christmas trivia
Here are some of the Good Christmas trivia for kids and children of all ages (Elementary students and middle school students):
1. What does Santa drive? A sleigh.
2. Who is Rudolph? The red-nosed reindeer.
3. Who helps Santa make toys? The elves.
4. Where do elves live? In Santa’s toy shop in the North Pole.
5. Why are there so many children who believe in Santa Claus? Because he delivers presents to all good girls and boys on Christmas Eve.
6. How long has Santa Claus been delivering presents on Christmas Eve to all good girls and boys? For more than two hundred years!
7. What colors represent joy, peace, hope, love, caring, sharing, giving and laughter during the holidays? Red and green!
8. Do you know which song most people associate with Christmas? Jingle Bells
9. What do we say when we want to wish someone a Merry Christmas? Merry Christmas!
10. Which color suit does Santa wears? Red
Easy Christmas trivia for adults (Family, friends, seniors and office party)
Here is a list of some Easy Holiday Christmas trivia questions for adults with answers:
1. When do Armenian people celebrate Christmas?
Answer: January 6th.
2. What color is the light from the Ghost of Christmas Present’s torch?
3. How many reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh?
4. Who published ‘The Night Before Christmas’?
Answer: Clement Moore.
5. What do you call a group of reindeer?
Answer: Herd or school.
6. What is Santa Claus’s real name?
7. What color are Rudolf’s antlers?
8. How long does Santa Claus live?
9. What is Rudolph’s favorite food?
10. What are the three traditional colors of Christmas?
Answer: Red, green, and gold.
Difficult Christmas trivia with answers
Here is a list of Difficult and hard Christmas trivia questions with answers:
Question. Which country started the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree?
Question. What are the average number of days people put up their Christmas trees?
Answer: 11 or 12
Question. Where are the most popular places to put your Christmas tree?
Answer. Living room, Dining Room, Kitchen
Question. When and where were Christmas cards first sold?
Answer. London, 1843.
Question. What color is Santa’s suit?
Answer. Red, green and white (the colors of Sweden).
Question. In what month is Hanukkah?
Question. Who was the model on Coca-Cola’s Christmas card in 1915?
Answer: Haddon Sundblom
Question. What’s the most popular kind of tree to use for a Christmas tree?
Answer: Nordmann Fir.
Question. How long can you keep your Christmas tree up?
Answer. Until January 6th
Question. What are the two major theories about the origin of Christmas?
Answer. The Winter Solstice or Jesus Christ’s birth
Bible Christmas trivia questions and answers
Here are some Tough Bible trivia questions for christmas with answers:
1. In which gospel do we learn about the birth of Jesus?
Answer: The Gospel of Matthew and Gospel of Luke
2. On what day do Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus?
Answer: December 25th is celebrated on the Gregorian calendar, but in the Eastern Orthodox Church, there are some variations with certain traditions celebrating either December 18th or January 7th instead.
3. What was baby Jesus wrapped in after his birth?
Answer: After his birth, baby Jesus was wrapped in cloths (Matthew 2).
4. Where in the Bible do we find the Christmas story?
Answer: The New Testament contains two Christmas stories, not one. They appear in Matthew 1–2 and Luke 1–2.
5. What can we learn from Christmas Bible?
Answer: God offers forgiveness to all.
6. What is the main message for Christmas?
Answer: The message of Christmas is that where there is hope, love, light and life, the plan and purpose of God will reach.
7. Why is Christmas important to Christians?
Answer: Christmas is a time to remember that when Jesus was born, God became human. This allowed God to save humanity from sin. Without the incarnation of Jesus, Christianity could not exist.
Christmas is a time for Christians to remember that they are part of a global community, despite differences within Christianity.
Religious Christmas trivia (Christian and Catholic)
Here is a list of Challenging religious christmas trivia questions with answers for christians and catholics:
1. What does Christmas mean to Catholics?
Answer: God being born into the world into the fully human form of Jesus Christ.
2. What do Catholics call the Christmas season?
3. What are the four types of Christmas?
Answer: Scrooge, Shopper, Santa and Stable.
4. Who started Christmas?
Answer: Pagans and Romans
5. When was Jesus actually born?
Answer: Between 6 and 4 BC
Jesus Trivia questions
Here is a list of General Jesus christmas trivia questions and answers:
1. Where did Jesus born
Answer: “In Bethlehem.”
2. Why was Jesus born in a manger?
Answer: Because all the travelers overcrowded the guest rooms.
3. What are Jesus parents’ names
Answer: Mary Joseph
4. What was Jesus called when he was born?
Jesus’ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
5. What does the name Jesus mean?
Answer: The Lord is salvation
Funny Christmas trivia
Here are some Online Funny Christmas trivia for everyone:
Trivia question: How do you say Merry Christmas in Hawaiian?
Answer: Mele Kalikimaka.
Trivia question: In the classic Christmas movie, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, the Grinch was described with three words. What are they?
Answer: Stink, stank, stunk.
Trivia question” What Christmas beverage is also known as “milk punch”?
Trivia question: In which direction should you stir mincemeat for good luck?
Trivia question: Three of Santa’s reindeer’s names begin with the letter “D.” What are those names?
Answer: Dancer, Dasher, and Donner.
Random Music Christmas trivia
Here is a list of Random Christmas music trivia questions and answers (Christmas song trivia questions and answers):
1. What is the most recorded Christmas song of all time?
Answer: “Silent Night.”
2. Who is the biggest selling Christmas artist?
Answer: Elvis Presley
3. What popular Christmas song was actually written for Thanksgiving?
Answer: “Jingle Bells.”
4. What is America’s oldest Christmas song?
Answer: Jesus refulsit omnium
5. How many gifts in total were given in “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
6. In the song “Winter Wonderland,” what do we call the snowman?
Answer: Parson Brown.
7. What was Santa’s first Christmas song?
Answer: Up on The Housetop.
Multiple choice Christmas trivia
Here is a list of Multiple choice christmas trivia questions with answers:
1. What is a Christmas tree called?
a. Modern Tannenbaum
c. Jesus Tree
d. Christmas Branch
2. What country started “Carols By Candlelight”?
d. United Kingdom
3. What First Lady wrote a Christmas story about a girl named Marta?
a. Margaret joy tibbets
b. Eugenie Anderson
c. Anne cox Chambers
d. Eleanor Roosevelt
4. In what film did Doris Day sing “Christmas Story”?
a. On moonlight Bay
b. White Christmas
c. Home alone
d. Christmas Carol
5. Who helped Jesus carry the cross?
b. Simon of cyrene
d. Santa Claus
Hard Christmas Trivia Questions
Here are some hard christmas trivia questions to answer:
1. The name of the holiday that celebrates Jesus Christ’s birth, Christmas is from what language?
2. In what month does Christmas fall on the Christian calendar?
3. In what year was the first manger scene created for a Nativity scene by Saint Francis of Assisi?
4. Where does Santa Claus live at the North Pole?
5. When did Father Christmas start delivering presents to children around the world?
6. Who is Santa’s wife?
7. Who were among the three Wise Men who brought gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh to baby Jesus on his birthday?
8. Who wrote the song Silent Night, which was first sung on Christmas Eve 1818?
9. What kind of wood did Jesus’ cross have as its base?
10. The word Bethlehem means what in Hebrew and Greek languages respectively?
Here is a list of Santa Claus Trivia kids and adults for Christmas:
1. What is Santa full name?
Answer: Saint Nicholas or Kris Kringle
2. What is Mrs. Claus first name?
3. What are Santa’s helpers called?
Answer: Elves or Elf
Santa’s elves are often said to make the toys in Santa’s workshop and take care of his reindeer, among other tasks.
4. What is Santa’s daughter called?
Answer: Kitty Claus
5. Who is Santa’s first elf?
Answer: The Original Elves
The original six elves include Alabaster Snowball, Bushy Evergreen, Pepper Minstix, Shinny Upatree, Sugarplum Mary, and Wunorse Openslae
6. Who is Santa’s enemy?
Krampus is basically the anti-St. Nicholas, the opposite of Santa Claus. He’s a fugly mythical creature usually depicted with similar features as the devil. He has body hair, horns, hooves, and fangs.
7. When did Santa exist?
Answer: In the 4th Century A.D
True or false Christmas trivia
Here is a list of true or false christmas trivia:
1. Kris Kringle is the Santa’s real name
2. Red-and-white are Santa’s favorite colors
3. Joseph is the jesus’ brother’s name
4. Romans started Christmas
5. Silver is being kept at the top of Christmas Tree
Christmas food trivia with answers
Here are some Food christmas trivia with answers:
1. What is the famous food item of Christmas?
2. What is Santa’s favorite drink?
3. What is the most popular veg at Christmas?
Answer: Brussels sprout
4. What is the most eaten dessert on Christmas?
Answer: Christmas Pudding
5. What is a female Santa called?
Answer: Mrs. Claus