Humans are intrinsically curious beings, who tend to think about some of the most interesting questions to ask people that no one wants to answer and make us wonder why it is so.
Unfortunately, as human beings, we have a tendency to project our beliefs onto people around us, which can cause misunderstanding and even hurt.
In this article you’ll discover a list of 100 interesting questions to ask people to initiate a deep conversation. And build a strong connection instantly in any situation and get to know them personally about their life and the world in general.
- 100 Interesting questions to ask people
- Interesting questions to ask people to get to know them
- Interesting questions to ask new people
- Most Interesting questions to ask people about life, world, society, universe and existence
- Questions to ask to find people’s interest
- Interesting questions to ask people about themselves
- Interesting questions to ask to make people think
- Interesting questions to ask random people
- Interesting questions to ask people on facebook, reddit
100 Interesting questions to ask people
The following are some of the mind boggling interesting questions to ask people that spark great conversation:
1. What’s more important to you, love or money?
Love is a complex emotion that would be impossible to measure. It makes people go to extremes and do some amazing things, but it also makes people do terrible things as well.
And when it comes to money , it can make people do a lot of good and bad.
So, consider this one of the interesting questions to ask people. And get to know their perspective and philosophy of life when it matters to love and money.
2. What do you think makes life worth living?
Even the greatest thinkers of all time have found it difficult to answer this question, so don’t feel too bad if you’re unable to find an answer on your own.
Find out something you are passionate about and get ready to suffer. Eventually you will realize what matters most to you.
Try asking this interesting question to people that would create a very deep conversation among you.
Also read: 100 Deep questions to ask people
3. What do you think is the biggest injustice in society?
In today’s world , there are many injustices in our society and they may differ from person to person.
However, I believe that the three major injustices in our society stem from racial discrimination, socioeconomic inequality, and religious persecution/intolerance.
The first two cause serious disadvantages for certain groups of people while the third leaves them feeling unwanted by society at large.
These problems need to be addressed by everyone who wants a better future for themselves and those around them.
This question can be a great topic to have an intellectual conversation with people.
4. What have been some life changing events for you?
This is one of the interesting personal questions to ask people, because it allows for you to really delve into someone’s past and see how they’ve grown over time.
Whether it’s happy memories or moments that have shaped who they are now, these stories often tell us much more than just the answers we seek.
5. Do we possess free will? If so, how do we know?
This interesting philosophical question has perplexed humans since the beginning of recorded history.
Many arguments have been made and philosophers across centuries have written lengthy books about it, but there still doesn’t seem to be any consensus.
But even though there is no consensus, it should not stop you from thinking about what could be said on both sides of the argument.
Consider asking this deep interesting question to people and debate up on this fascinating issue with friends or loved ones.
6. Can we affect the future? and rewrite our own fate?
Wow, this is a mind boggling interesting question to think about and ask people in order to find what it is all about,
Do our actions impact our future? DO our thoughts define our destiny?
These are so many deep and interesting questions that emerge if you go on discussing this topic.
Interesting questions to ask people to get to know them
Here is a list of interesting questions to ask people to get to know them and learn something from them about their life.
7. What do you think is the biggest cause of unhappiness in people’s lives?
8. What are some questions you have for someone who is older than you?
9. Why is there something instead of nothing?
10. What do you think happens to us when we die?
11. Do you have any questions in your heart that you have never been able to ask?
12. What is the hardest part of your job?
13. What is the most recent book you have read and what did you think of it?
14. What is one thing you can’t do or don’t want to do?
15. What are you most looking forward to in the next month?
16. What is your biggest regret?
17. How does a person die without ever having lived?
18. How would you like to die?
19. How do you feel about the current state of the world?
20. What is your philosophy of life?
Interesting questions to ask new people
Here is a list of some best interesting questions to ask new people to develop an instant connection in a deep conversation:
21. What is your view on the world today?
22. If you had to give one piece of advice, what would it be?
23. Why do we cry when we are sad?
24. How do you feel about the world?
25. What is your biggest concern in the world?
26. What is your background?
27. What is the most important thing you have learned so far in your life?
28. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
29. What are the most important things you want to tell your children?
30. What is something you wish you could change, if anything?
31. What is the most significant moment in your adult life?
32. What are your top favorite movies of all-time?
33. What is your biggest issue with modern society?
34. What is a time you were surprised by an individual?
35. What has been the most memorable time in your life?
Most Interesting questions to ask people about life, world, society, universe and existence
Here is a list of most interesting questions to ask people about their life, and about world, society, space, reality and everything beyond:
36. What is a justice that you seek in your life?
37. What is the biggest challenge you have faced in your adult life?
38. What is a question you’ve always wanted to ask an adult but never had the chance?
39. Please share your experiences about life, love, sex, injustice, society and perspectives
40. What are you thankful for?
41. What do you wish you knew when you were ?
42. What is a question you have always wanted to ask someone? Who would you ask, and why?
43. What are your perspectives on raising children in the modern world?
44. What is the difference between people in their twenties and people in their forties?
45. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
46. What do you think is the goal of life?
Questions to ask to find people’s interest
Here is a list of best questions to ask to find people’s interest for a debate or to have a discussion on deep conversations:
47. How do you define intellectual conversation?
48. What are you most interested in discussing with your partner?
49. Is there anything that bothers you about having a conversation with your partner?
50. How do you know when it’s appropriate to have an intellectual conversation?
51. Are there any topics that you avoid discussing with your partner because they make you uncomfortable or feel like too much work?
52. Do you prefer a more general or specific topic for your intellectual conversations? Why?
53. Do you think that intellectual conversations should be more frequent or less frequent in your relationship? Why?
54. If we had only one day to spend together, what would we do each day and why would we do it?
55. If your partner was a character from history, who would he/she be and why would he/she be important in history?
56. What is the most important thing you have learned about life?
57. Do you have a dream or wish that you want to accomplish on day?
58. What would happen if one day, you were to wake up and suddenly forget everything that you knew?
Interesting questions to ask people about themselves
The following are some of the great interesting questions to ask people about themselves and their life in general:
59. Do you have a secret room in your house?
60. What is the largest number of bats that could fit in your bedroom?
61. How many times will a car tire flip over before it stops rolling?
62. How much money would it take to buy all of the world’s currencies and then put them into one big pile?
63. If someone came up to you and asked for your bank account number, what would be their phone number?
64. What do you think of when you hear the word “love.” (Easily answered!)
65. How many triangles do you think would fit on top of each other without touching each other?
66. How many people are currently alive with no children/grandchildren at all?
67. How long would it take for an average person to swim across the entire length of Lake Michigan (Michigan’s longest body of water)?
68. Do you have a secret room in your house?
69. What is the largest number of bats that could fit in your bedroom?
70. How many times will a car tire flip over before it stops rolling?
Interesting questions to ask to make people think
These are some of the difficult and interesting questions to ask to make people think:
71. How much money would it take to buy all of the world’s currencies and then put them into one big pile?
72. If someone came up to you and asked for your bank account number, what would be their phone number?
73. What do you think of when you hear the word “love.” (Easily answered!)
74. How many triangles do you think would fit on top of each other without touching each other?
75. How many people are currently alive with no children/grandchildren at all? (A popular question!)
76. Why does it rain from the sky?
77. Where do you think we will be in billion years time?
78. Can you imagine an object with no mass in space? (a feather)
79. If we knew what would happen tomorrow, would we change anything about our lives today?
80. What is the difference between a person and an animal?
Interesting questions to ask random people
Here is a list of interesting question to ask random people on the streets, at party, gathering or at meetings or in any group chats:
81. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
82. Why do we have fingerprints if we can only touch things with our hands?
83. Why do some people want to live forever, while others want to die before they get old?
84. How did the first humans make fire and how did it happen again after millions of years without it?
85. Is there life on other planets? And if so, how many more planets are there in the universe?
86. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
87. What would happen if one day, you were to wake up and suddenly forget everything that you knew?
88. What is your most overused word or phrase?
89. What was the last thing you did that you really regret?
90. Would you rather be right or happy?
Interesting questions to ask people on facebook, reddit
Here is a list of interesting questions to ask people on facebook, reddit, instagram, dating sites or any other social media apps:
91. What do you consider the worst thing about living in the United States today?
92. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
93. Who are all three people on your speed dial list, in order of importance to you? (Excluding emergency contacts.)
94. When was the last time you were genuinely angry at someone or something, and what made it happen? (Not when someone wronged you.)
95. How does your relationship with money differ from others’ relationships with money, and how do those differences affect those people’s lives in positive ways or negative ways?
96. Do you think that your parents love each other more than they love you?
97. If we counted all the stars in the world and then added up how many of them were animals, would there be more animals or plants?
98. Are there any words in English that are spelled differently on each side of the letter “E?”
99. What is the purpose of life?
100. How many people have you met in your life?