The term trippy is an adjective used to describe something as psychedelic or surreal.
The quality of being trippy induces a dreamlike state and makes you wonder about the nature of life and reality.
Have you ever thought about life? I mean really thought about it?
For example, have you ever thought about how strange it is that we can look out of our eyes and see the universe, but we can’t look inside our heads to see ourselves thinking?
Or have you ever thought about how weird it is that humans are the only species on earth who bury our dead?
Or perhaps have you ever wondered if your perception of reality is the same as other people’s?
Perhaps you’ve looked at an object and questioned whether what you’re looking at is real, or just a figment of your imagination.
If so, you’re not alone — such questions have been swirling around for centuries. In fact, there are puzzles about life, existence, and reality that even the smartest minds in history have struggled to answer.
These questions are trippy and trick your mind because they make us think about what we can and can’t know.
Here are 200+ mind-bending trippy questions about life, reality, world and existence that will leave you thinking long after you’ve finished reading them.
30 Trippy Questions
Here is a list of trippy questions:
1. What began when nothing began?
2. Are we immortal souls currently living out a mortal life, or are we merely products of our environment and biology with no life after death?
3. If a person were to write down all of their memories in detail, what would be left for them to experience when they finish writing them down?
4. Is your mind really yours or is it just something that society imposed on you over the years since your birth until now, without you even realizing it?
5. If consciousness and personality are formed purely by memory then why do we feel like our memories belong to us?
6. If I die in my dreams, will I wake up dead?
7. Why do we always desire what we can’t have?
8. Why do we sleep if our body doesn’t shut down completely?
9. Are you sure you’re not dreaming right now?
10. What if life is just a dream and when we die, we wake up?
11. Is it possible for the present to exist without the past and future?
12. How do you know that the experiences that you have in a dream aren’t real?
13. Are the things around us not projections of our 5 senses or are they really real?
14. What if there was no gravity on earth, would we float or just fall sideways at 9.8 meters per second squared?
15. Is time really linear or are we just moving into a different dimension every second?
16. If a tree falls down in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
17. If everyone around us is crazy, how would we know that we aren’t crazy too?
18. Do atheists believe in ghosts because they fear death or do they not fear death because they don’t believe in ghosts?
Also read: 90 Trippy questions about reality
19. Where is everyone?
20. Am I God?
21. Why do we always remember the past and try to forget it as well?
22. What Is Space And Time Really Made Of?
23. Are we all connected through some kind of cosmic consciousness, and if so, how do we access it?
24. What are Thoughts Made of and where do thoughts come from?
25. Can We Ever Talk With Aliens?
26. What is Nothing?
27. What if the Universe is a Computer Simulation?
28. Am I Living in the Matrix?
29. How Many Times Have You Been Born?
30. Can Your Blue Be My Red?
15 Trippy questions to ask your friend
Here is a list of trippy questions to ask a friend:
1. Do you think the past exists? It is a fact that each second that passes becomes the past. Right now, we are living in the present. But if you think about it, what actually is the present?
If we try to be precise and say that it is a certain moment in time, then we are stating that the actual present is so small that it ceases to exist immediately. So, if the present does not exist, then how can we consider the past as existing too?
2. If you could live forever, would you? What if your world were eternal and there was no demise or death, would you like to live forever?
Many people would find it boring to live forever but many would find it an opportunity for learning and gaining knowledge without any limitations.
3. What does God mean to you? Is there a supreme power that rules our lives or are we just puppets in his hands? Are we just another species of animals on this planet who have evolved over time? Or is there some higher purpose behind our existence?
4. If evolution exists, then why haven’t we stopped evolving yet?
5. What would happen if we were able to live in complete freedom? A world without any rules, laws or restrictions is what many people dream about.
But if we did not have any rules for governing our lives, then would we be able to survive? Would people fight for survival? Or will we be able to help each other and live peacefully?
6. What was your life like before you were born? What was it like before you were conceived?
7. How Many Times Have You Been Born?
When you die, your body decomposes and the matter returns to earth. But what happens to your soul? If you believe in a circular concept of time, you have been born before, many times over.
In fact, you are currently living out another life in a different part of the universe – or even on another planet. Some people believe that they have been reincarnated and can remember their past lives.
Others may be living this life for the first time and when they die, will start again from scratch.
8. Can Your Blue Be My Red?
Every human sees color differently. So what if your blue is my red? We use agreed-upon terms for colors to communicate with each other so we all know what we’re talking about.
But if one person’s blue is another person’s red, then it raises questions about the nature of reality and how much we really understand about our world when our perceptions are so different from one another.
9. If you could offer someone $1 million right now to punch you in the face as hard as they can, would you do it? What if there’s no tomorrow?
10. If a rooster laid an egg on top of a fence, which side would it roll off from?
11. Are you actually older today than yesterday?
12. Why do people never say “it’s only a game,” when they’re winning?
13. Which is heavier: 100 pounds of bricks or 100 pounds of feathers?
14. Is it possible to get arrested for speeding if you’re walking?
15. Can you find your mind?
Also read: 125 Trippy questions to ask your friend
20 Trippy questions to make you think
Here is a list of trippy question to make you think
1. How do I know that my senses are not deceiving me? If they are then how can I trust what I see or feel? Even though the world seems real to me, how do I know that it isn’t just an illusion? Is there any way for me to know for sure?
2. Why do we die? If we’re made of atoms then why can’t those atoms just be recycled indefinitely like they are in nature?
3. Why do we close our eyes when we sleep and dream, but keep them open when we daydream?
4. You know how everyone has their own opinion about everything? Well, what if everyone’s opinions about everything were wrong because nobody
5. What does it mean to be conscious?
6. Where do our thoughts come from?
7. Are you the only one in your mind?
8. If there is no reality, then what are you experiencing now?
9. How did you get here (on this earth)?
10. Why do time and space exist?
11. What if life is just a dream and when we die, we wake up?
12. Could a machine think?
13. Could the zombie apocalypse really happen?
14. What’s darker than black?
15. Would a glass of water in space behave like a lens?
16. What color is the universe?
17. Why does the sun shine?
18. How much would you weigh on Mars?
19. What happens if you swim inside a cloud?
20. Why do we see the same side of the moon?
Also read: 100 Trippy questions to ask your high friend
30 Trippy questions about reality
Asking trippy questions about reality is a great way to challenge your mind, leading to greater self-awareness.
In philosophy, the study of the nature of reality is known as ontology. A metaphysical question about the nature of reality is one that asks whether something has a real existence.
There are many such questions, some of them more practical than others. Some of them are on the borderline between philosophy and physics, and it’s hard to imagine a time when we’ll know the answers for sure. But that doesn’t stop anyone from trying to answer them
Whether you’re a philosopher or just someone who enjoys thinking about the big questions, here are 10 weird metaphysical trippy questions to ponder about reality
1. What if the person doing the experiments is part of the experiment?
2. If our perception of time is just an illusion, does it even exist?
3. If everything’s pre-destined, then can we ever truly be free?
4. What came first: Our universe or nothingness?
5. What if there’s no objective reality — just our subjective reality?
6. Can we ever know anything with 100% certainty?
7. What does it mean to be alive, anyway?
8. Why does time seem to be moving faster as we grow older?
9. What exists? Is there anything at all? It’s an important question, because if there is nothing at all then you can stop wasting time thinking about these things and go outside or something.
It’s also an important question because if there is something at all, you will probably want to know what it is in order to avoid running into it by mistake.
10. Are my beliefs true? This is one of those tricky questions that really isn’t as straightforward as it looks at first glance. What does ‘true’ mean? And how
11. What is real? How do you define real? If you’re talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then “real” is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
12. What is the Matrix? The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television.
You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
13. What truth? That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch. A prison for your mind.
The Matrix has its roots in primitive arcade games – in early graphics programs and military software – in artificial intelligence lab experiments and early gaming prototypes like “Spasim” and “Habitat”.
But those experiments were isolated events – a brief attempt at creating true virtual reality until funding ran out or public interest waned.
14. In what way is time an illusion?
15. If the Universe is expanding and everything exists within it; are there stars that are so distanced from Earth that they no longer exist?
16. Do we really have free will or is it just a mental illusion?
17. What if our entire lives are actually in somebody else’s dream?
18. Why do we all choose to forget our dreams as soon as we wake up?
19. Are we living in a simulation?
20. What is reality?
21. Did we choose to be born?
22. Are we alone in the universe?
23. What is consciousness?
24. Is there an ultimate reality or is everything an illusion?
25. Who Are You Really?
26. Is the entire universe just a dream I am having right now?
27. What is time really?
28. What is reality really like?
29. If time travel is possible, why haven’t we been visited by future humans yet?
30. Is it a fact that your mind is fluid and flexible?
25 Trippy questions to ask your high friend
Here are a list of trippy questions to ask someone on weed or your high friend.
1. What is the meaning of life? Many people believe that they have a purpose in life, and this should be pursued. So what do you think it is?
2. Do you believe in reincarnation? Many believe that when they die, they will come back as someone else. Ask your friends what they think and why.
3. What is the connection between science, nature and spirituality? These are three things that are seen as totally unrelated by some, while others see them as one and the same thing. Do you agree or disagree?
4. What does it mean to be human, and what makes us different from other species? This can be a fascinating topic for discussion.
5. If God existed and you could ask him anything, what would it be? There are many things that could be asked of God if he existed. Why do you think we exist on this planet? There are many different theories about why we live where we do and how we got here.
6. Why is there a gap between rich and poor people in the world today? This has been something that has always been true throughout history but is especially true today.
7. What would happen if humans were wiped out tomorrow? Many people believe that if all humans were suddenly wiped out tomorrow, life would go on without us just fine. How would things be different
8. How come your mind gets confused?
9. Do you think reality is a dream that’s been manipulated by your brain?
10. What if the reality you’re seeing right now, is not real at all?
11. Why do you react the way you do to what you see in front of your eyes?
12. Is it possible that the world is a hologram projected from your mind?.
13. Which reality are we living in, the one with our body or the one in our mind?.
14. where does your consciousness reside?
15. How would you describe the experience of being you to someone who has never been, nor can be, you?
16. If life has no meaning, why do we look for meaning?
17. Are we alone in the universe?
18. Is there life after death?
19. Could there be an omnipotent being (one who can do anything)?
20. What happens when we die?
21. Why is love such a powerful emotion?
22. Why does time exist in one direction only (why can’t we remember the future?)
23. How did the universe begin?
24. What is the most difficult thing about being a human?
25. Which do you think is more dangerous: ignorance or apathy? Why?
20 Trippy questions to ask your boyfriend
Here is a list of trippy questions to ask your boyfriend
1. You are in a dark room. You have a candle, a wood stove, and a gas lamp. You only have one match. Which do you light first?
2. There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?
3. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven’t eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
4. If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour and the minute hands? (The answer to this is not zero!)
5. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him! But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together! How can this be?
6. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?
7. In a murder case where the only witness was blind, what would be the best way for the detective to get information from him without revealing who he was questioning?
8. A woman gives birth to identical triplets. They all look exactly the same and have the same fingerprints. How can she tell them apart when they start growing up?
9. The day before yesterday I was 25 years old, next year I shall be 28 years old. How is that possible?
10. A man rides into town on Tuesday and stays two nights at the hotel. He leaves on Tuesday morning — how is that possible?
Also read: 50 Trick questions to ask your boyfriend
11. If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life past or future, when would you call and what would you say?
12. If humans could photosynthesize like plants, how would our lifestyle change?
13. How do you know if you’re really an adult or just pretending to be one?
14. What would happen if everyone decided to only work 2 days per week?
15. In 1000 years, what current popular trend or idea will seem the most ridiculous to people of that era?
16. What is the biggest challenge we face as humans living on Earth today?
17. How would life be different if there was no such thing as money?
18. What’s something you are certain you’ll never understand or figure out, no matter how much time passes?
19. If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
20. What if I tell you that I am a Satan?
20 Trippy questions to ask a girl
1. How many dimensions do you believe exist?
2. Does the universe have an edge, and if so, what’s beyond?
3. If matter can’t be created or destroyed, what happens when we die?
4. What is your spirit animal and why?
5. Do you think it would be possible to hear a color or see a sound?
6. Is it possible to know the unknowable?
7. When is it OK to lie?
8. What does it truly mean to be enlightened?**
9. Why do we only use 10% of our brains?**
10. How much of life is determined by fate, and how much by us?
11. Is the universe a hologram?
12. Does time exist outside the context of human perception?
13. How is quantum entanglement possible?
14. Is space finite or infinite?
15. Why do we only see one side of the moon from Earth?
16. Why does the universe exist in three dimensions, rather than two or four or more?
17. What is the meaning of life (in space)?
18. Will humanity ever colonize other planets?
19. Is there life out there and will we ever find it?
20. How did it all begin?
10 Trippy questions that blow your mind
These trippy questions will make you realize how little you know about the world and our existence.
1. What are the limits of your intelligence? How far can you go? What do you think about thinking?
2. These questions might seem difficult to answer, but once you dig deeper into them, you will find out that there are no limits for what you can achieve.
3. There is an infinite amount of space between any two objects. How does anything ever touch?
4. Is there a difference between the past and the future?
5. Why do we close our eyes when kissing, crying or dreaming?
6. Why do some people hate others because of their skin color or beliefs, when they would be best friends if they were raised together?
7. If I think I’m thinking then how can I know I’m actually thinking?
8. What is the sound of one hand clapping?
9. Is the statement “I am lying” a lie or the truth?
10. How do you know that your thoughts aren’t being controlled by aliens?
10 Trippy questions about life
1. Is it possible to die in a dream and actually die in real life?
2. Do people who commit suicide go to heaven or hell? Or do they get reincarnated?
3. What happens when you die?
4. How can I live forever?
5. Do we have free will?
6. Who or what created this world?
7. What was here before the universe?
8. Where do dreams come from?
9. Why do we have nightmares?
10. Is there anything that can’t be explained by science?
10 Trippy questions about the world
1. What if you were the only person in the world, and no one else was real?
2. What if humans were meant to live, then die, and that’s it?
3. How can you be sure that you are not in a simulation?
4. What if you woke up as a different person?
5. What if your life is meaningless to everyone but yourself?
6. What if everything we’ve been told about the universe is wrong?
7. If time travel is possible, why haven’t we met any time travelers yet?
8. Is existence really real or just an illusion?
9. Is the world a dream or a reality?
10. Can we change the past?
15 Trippy questions about space
1. What if you traveled at the speed of light?
2. What would happen to time when nothingness exists?
3. Is it possible for humans to use cosmic radiation to power civilization on other planets?
4. What would happen if an asteroid were placed into orbit around Earth’s equator?
5. Is there any chance that an undiscovered dwarf planet could be as habitable as Earth?
6. How far into the future could someone travel?
7. If a spaceship was traveling at light speed and an astronaut goes outside, what would he see?
8. Would there be any difference in how he saw the Earth compared to how it would appear to us now?
9. If humans can walk around on the moon, as they did in 1969, why were they unable to do so during the lunar eclipse of July 27, 2018?
10. Could a human survive a fall through the atmosphere of Jupiter?
11. What will happen when in 2045 the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies collide?
12. Will Earth’s rotation be affected by the formation of a black hole from our solar system in the far future?
13. Would it be possible to survive on Mars with food plants and oxygen produced by algae?
14. How long would it take to create an ocean on Mars using Earth water?
15. Could we repopulate Venus with photosynthetic life forms if we terraformed it into a more habitable state?
10 Trippy questions to ask a drunk person
1. What does it mean to be human?
2. If you could merge with any person, who would it be and why?
3. What is something you’ve learned recently that you feel everyone should know?
4. What if the entire world was a simulation?
5. What is the most important question in life?
6. If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What if we lived in a dream world where everything is exactly opposite to what you think it is?
8. If space and time were infinite, could we have lived before this life? Could we live again after this life has ended?
9. Why do people do the things they do?
10. Is there a meaning to life at all?