You can’t convince anyone of anything if you don’t have their attention.
Even if you do have someone’s attention, you have to make sure you keep it by making what you’re saying interesting. That’s where conversation starters come in.
Good conversation starters are powerful because they initiate conversations that never would have happened otherwise.
If they weren’t said, there wouldn’t be a conversation. If a conversation wasn’t started, there would be no way for people to get to know each other or form new bonds.
Conversation Starters are good for two reasons: one, they serve as an icebreaker, and two, they pique people’s interest in each other and make them want to know more about each other.
Weird conversation starters are basic conversation starters with a twist: They are strange enough to catch the conversation partner off guard, but not too weird that the person feels uncomfortable.
The basic principle behind all good conversation starters is this: draw the other person out of their comfort zone by being interesting and different enough so that they want to talk more about what you said.
What are weird conversation starters?
Weird conversation starters are a sure-shot way to create an environment where everyone can have fun and enjoy the moment.
But what exactly is a weird conversation starter? Weird Conversation starters are questions or statements which will make your partner or someone thinks and later on lead to a very interesting discussion.
It is like any other conversation starter, but here, the opening lines begin with weird questions, statements, phrases, sentences, and lines that keep the conversation going deeper.
It had always been my habit to get into a conversation with random people, as it gives me a chance to know about them and also their perspectives about life, work, friends, and other things.
I have tried so many different types of conversation starters, but here I am going to share some weirdest conversation starters and weird conversation topics that work pretty well for any situation either in person or through online texts, messages, and chats.
Weird conversation starters
Here is a list of weird conversation starters for almost any social or virtual situation:
1. Did you know that…?
This way of conversation-starting is a good idea if you want to talk about something that is quite funny or unusual.
You can use this with any statement, but if you are looking for something more specific then you can try something like, “Did you know that ducks don’t have tongues?” Or, “Did you know that cats don’t have any taste receptors?
This weird conversation starter will never fail because you can use it on anything from celebrity gossip to scientific theories.
If you have enough facts tucked away in your brain, this is the perfect conversational tool for when you run out of weird conversation ideas.
2. What would your last meal be?
This question is a fun way to find out what sort of food the person likes and maybe even where they would go on vacation. If they are going to eat their last meal, then they have nothing to lose!
3. Why do you think people like to watch other people suffer?
If you’re watching reality TV, this could be a fun discussion topic. If not, then it can still be interesting to learn why people like to see other people suffer in movies or on TV shows.
4. What if everyone had wings?
This question makes you think outside of the box and imagine a world that doesn’t exist yet! How would the world change if everyone had wings?
5. Ever thought about making a serious search for a soulmate?
This comes out as a weird conversation starter, but it is also one that can lead to an interesting conversation.
If someone has never thought about their soulmate before then they could have some really interesting ideas on why this might be the case.
6. Are you tempted to take a one-way trip to Mars?
This weird conversation starter is one that can trigger a lot of different responses, and it will help you to get to know the person you’re talking to a little better.
This is because you will find out what they think about life and how they feel about their own life.
Is this something that seems boring and mundane to them? Or is it something that they would like to do at some point in the future?
7. So you knew that was coming huh?
“So you knew that was coming, huh?”
Why? This will grab your audience’s attention. It’s a fun way to kick things off. The seed of curiosity has been planted and they’ll want to know what you’re talking about.
The “look of confusion” is a great segue into whatever kitten-related topic you have chosen for this particular chat session (see below).
8. Have you ever thought about…
You can also just think of something interesting that is not directly related to the current conversation and ask your partner if they have ever thought about that.
You might want to start with something not too personal (in case the other person is more reserved).
For example, if you are talking about sports, you could ask: “Have you ever considered what would happen if robots were allowed to compete in human sporting events?”
Or: “Have you ever thought about what it would be like if we only had one gender?”
9. What do you think about…
This sort of conversation opener is a great way to make connections with anyone, even if you’ve just met them.
It’s likely that the person you’re talking to will share their own thoughts and feelings on the matter, and then you can move into deeper discussion about it.
Here are some questions to ask about current events:
- What do you think about the US government shutdown?
- What are your opinions on Brexit?
- How do you feel about Trump’s latest move?
10. Hey! Did you just…?
This is one of the easiest ways to start a weird conversation: simply call someone out on something they’re doing or saying. This can be done in the form of a compliment, a question, or curiosity.
It can be as simple as “Hey, I love your shoes!” while passing someone in the mall, or as surprising and exciting as “Did you just quote from my favorite TV show?” even if it wasn’t.
The key point is that you’ve confronted them about something and now have an opening to continue the conversation with whatever stream-of-consciousness nonsense flows into your head next—or maybe even make some friends along the way.
11. Have you noticed how fast time flies by nowadays?
This is the kind of conversation starter that might catch a person off guard in a good way, and open up a new door to talk about something that isn’t what you typically hear about.
For example, you can talk about how your family spent their vacation, or when you did something really fun with friends.
It can also get more philosophical, where people think about how they spend their time now compared to when they were younger.
Some people like to reflect on memories and conversations from their past as well. Using this conversation starter gives someone the opportunity to mention an important topic in their life without it seeming weird or forced.
12. Can I take a picture with you?
This is an unconventional opener that can lead to either a fascinating or completely awkward conversation. If they’re not in the mood, they may just ignore your request and tell you no.
If they are willing to participate, however, you have a fun opportunity to talk about why you were so intrigued by them and what it was about them that made you want to take their picture.
This approach sounds like it could be creepy—but think of how much more interesting this kind of opener is than the typical “what’s your name?”
13. Are you a robot or what?
Asking someone whether they’re a robot seems like a strange thing to ask, but it’s actually an effective way to get started on an unusual conversation. First of all, it’s unexpected.
The person you’re asking will probably pause for a moment before responding because they weren’t expecting the question. They might even answer with a confused “what?” or “huh?”
Which is totally fine. This just means that you’ll have the opportunity to clarify: “I mean, are you actually a robot? Like from the future?” Or something along those lines.
This should provide ample material for more conversation about robots and how we feel about them and how much we know (or don’t know) about them in general.
Weird conversation topics
These are some Best weird topics for conversation starters to ask your boyfriend or girlfriend; friend or partner to have fun time:
1. Satan meets Santa
This weird conversation topic will definitely have everyone rolling on the floor with laughter. Imagine what would happen when then these two characters meet?
What would Santa say when Satan greets him?
Would he give him presents in hell?
What would Satan give Santa as a present? Your answer to this question can make for a great story.
2. The resurrection of the dead
3. The scene of a deer that is shot by a hunter
4. A kid whom you thought was a real genius but he turns out to be an idiot
5. Students who scored zero in their exams but they get a degree later on
6. When you are not sure if you are mad or not, so you visit a psychiatrist and after some weeks, he concludes that you are not mad!!!
7. How do people dress in the fashion capital of your country?
8. What would you do if you had the power to control time? Would you stop it or go back to the past and correct all wrongs?
9. Describe how your parents reacted when they saw your first paycheck!
10. How do people dress in your country? Are they conservative or very stylish and fashionable?
11. What would you do if you were given 24 hours to live? Would you call up all your loved ones and say goodbye or just sit there helplessly waiting for death?
12. If someone asked you to describe yourself using three words, what would those words be? Would it be flattering
Weird conversation starters for texting
Here is an interesting list of weird conversation starters for texting:
Conversation Starter: “Do you ever feel like all your clothes were bought for someone else?”
Conversation Starter: “Is it hard to trust someone who always tells the truth?”
Conversation Starter: “If I had one wish, I would wish that I could lose my memory so I could fall in love again.”
Conversation Starter: “I wonder if anyone has ever died while making out.”
Conversation Starter: “I wonder if we would kill each other if we went on a road trip together.”
Conversation Starter: “I want to start up a rumor that I’m secretly dating Freddie Prinze Jr.” __x000D__
Conversation Starter: “Have you ever wanted to continue an argument after the other person hung up on you?”
Conversation Starter: “I have this fear that….”
Conversation starter: “I just lost my phone, where are you?”
Conversation starter: “If you could put a message on an outerspace billboard what would it be? (Great way to learn more about someone)”
Dirty conversation starters
Here is a list of dirty conversation starters:
1. I am in a good mood to..
2. I want you so bad I can barely think straight
3. I want to feel you right now, where are you?
4. Are you in the mood to meet me around 11pm?
5. You’re not expecting someone else, right?
6. You’re cute as hell, do you have Snapchat?
7. I’m in the mood for some fun tonight 😉
8. I can’t wait to see what we could get up to 😉
9. Are your ready for me yet?
10. “Are you good with hands?”
11. “Hey. Wanna get weird?”
Easy and casual conversation starters
Some people are more outgoing than others. Find out what they like to talk about and bring it up in conversation.
Use these questions below as a guide, but don’t limit yourself to them.
Make sure you’re asking open-ended questions that can’t be answered with a simple “yes” or “no.”
If you’re having trouble thinking of good topics, save some conversation starters for later. You might come up with something interesting while you’re talking to someone else!
These are some unusual but casual and easy conversation starters for any situation:
1. What would happen if I never got scared?
2. What’s your dream vacation?
3. What do you want your tombstone to say?
4. Would you rather be invisible or able to read minds?
5. Would you rather have x-ray vision or be able to fly?
6. Which superpower would you rather have: the ability to read minds or the ability to fly?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
9. Who’s your favorite comedian?
10. Do you like poetry?
11. What is the most interesting book you’ve ever read?
12. What is the scariest movie you’ve ever seen in theaters?
Weird questions to start a conversation
* On a bus or train: “That man over there looks like he’s trying to figure something out.”
* At an event: “This music really brings back memories of my younger years.”
* At the office: “I can’t believe they said that on TV; what do you think?”
* In class: “What do you think about this weird topic?”
* Random: “If you could remove one body part and replace it with a bird’s body part, what would you choose?”
* Over text: “Are you drunk right now?”
Here are some more Weird and crazy conversation starters to ask as questions:
1. What is the most useless thing you know how to do?
2. What’s your favorite song from the 80s?
3. Do you have any family secrets?
4. Have you ever met anyone famous? What was that like?
5. If you had to choose between going naked or having your thoughts appear in thought bubbles above your head for everyone to read, which would you choose?
Cool and Witty conversation starters
Here are some weirdest way to initiate witty and cool conversation starters
1. Do you think it’s better to live in your own world or to connect with people around you?
2. How would you feel if someone drink their own sweat?
3. Do you believe that telepathy is real? And have you ever had an experience where you felt like someone was communicating with you telepathically?
4. What’s the most interesting conspiracy theory you’ve come across?
5. Is there anything in your life that makes you feel more alive than anything else?
6. Do you think we’ll ever colonize other planets in our solar system? If we do, who should get first dibs on a ticket off Earth? Rich people or scientists? And why? Or some other group entirely?
7. What’s the worst thing that could happen?
8. Do I look fat in this dress/suit/outfit?
9. Would you rather like to be around someone like me or with me?
10. Did you hear about the new TV show where they clone famous people and put them on an island together? Sounds crazy, right? I wonder what will happen!
11. When was the last time you did something for the first time? For example, did your try out a new restaurant, or run an
12. Do you believe in reincarnation? Oh well, at least we have birth control.
13. You know what they say! All good things must come to an end… like my sentence right now!
14. If I had one wish to accomplish right now…
15. I thought you were….