Have you ever refused to answer nonsense questions? Do you ask nonsensical questions to your friends, partner, or someone to initiate a small talk? Do you remember thinking about nonsense questions for hours on end?
Have you ever been so engrossed in a conversation that you’ve had some ridiculous thought pop into your head and asked it out loud?
That’s obvious at some point in our lives we all experience it.
Sometimes, for fun, we really want to think about questions that make no sense at all and ask others some nonsense questions to pass the time and enjoy the moment.
Also read: 125+ Questions that make no sense
Whether you want to play a questions game at a party or just stimulate your mind by thinking so deep.
Here is a definitive list of nonsense questions that make no sense which are funny, weird, and make you think too. Go on reading and blow your mind with these nonsensical questions.
250+ Nonsense questions
1. What is the matter of this and that of that and this?
2. What is the difference between a frog wearing a magic hat and a frog wearing a non-magic hat?
3. If I was to play a game of chess with myself, who would win?
4. Which came first; my head or your legs?
5. If you were to ask me something that I don’t know, what would it be?
6. Why is my dog named Dog, when it isn’t even a dog?
7. When will humans end up eating themselves?
8. Where are my socks from yesterday and why are they gone now?
9. How to reveal the truth when all you know is lies?
10. Why can’t you eat with your nose and drink with your ears?
11. What do you do when your shadow is lost?
12. Where does the sun go at night?
13. If I ask for a pink elephant, would you give me one?
14. Why does everyone say that monkeys are funny? Have you seen a monkey and laughed at him/her?
15. Why do people say “Bless you” when someone sneezes? Do germs not have souls that need to be blessed or something?
Also read: 30 Dumb questions that make you think hard
16. Why is it called a “drive-thru” when you have to park your car and walk in to get your food?
17. Do flies ever think, “I’m so bored of just flying!” And then they decide to just walk instead?
18. Can we yell at God if we don’t like what he says and he yells back, “Stop yelling at me! I’m God”?
19. Why can’t we use our fingers as a mouse on our laptops and phone screens? Would it be such a bad idea if we could touch and swipe our laptops with our fingers instead of dragging the mouse
20. How do you know when the sun is tired?
21. How come they don’t make the whole plane out of the Black Box?
22. If you get into a cab and forget to tip, can you still sue him for driving like a maniac?
23. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
24. Why is it so hard to make a bird laugh?
25. Is it possible to make a pillow that is as fluffy as a cloud?
26. If I have a cat and a dog, can I get them married?
27. Why do we need to eat? Can’t we just drink water and sleep like fish?
28. Why are there so many colors in the world when I only see black and white?
29. How does my car know that its me when I come for it after work?
30. Why do we use toilet paper instead of toilet sponge?
31. How many colors can you see in a blank sheet of paper?
32. Why are cats so calm compared to dogs even though they both have four legs?
33. What if the exact opposite of ‘exact’ happens in reality?
34. Are there any other things that change size like my belly does when I eat too much food at once or after eating too much food for weeks on end?
35. What if my pet mouse gives birth to twins, will they be called kittens instead of baby mice since they are born from their mother’s belly button instead of a belly button hole like normal mice?
Also read: 500+ tupid Questions that make you think
1. “All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.”- Ambrose Bierce
2. “What is the answer? And what was the question?” – Groucho Marx
3. “You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don’t help.” – Calvin and Hobbes
4. “The problem with winning the rat race is that you’re still a rat.” – Lily Tomlin
5. “A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.” – Arthur Bloch
6. “If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.” — George Carlin
7. “Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Albert Einstein
8. “The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.” — B. F. Skinner
9. A fool and his money are soon parted.
10. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together and sleep single.
11. Love is a game that two can play and both win.
12. Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the silence.
13. The course of true love never did run ever.
14. A short cut to riches is to subtract from our fishes.
Also read: Confusing questions that make no sense
Nonsense questions and answers
The following are some of the Nonsense questions with answers:
1. Brian’s a nerd and likes to read the dictionary. Which time of day does he prefer?
Answer: The twilight.
2. What do you call an alligator who is wearing suspenders?
Answer: An investigator.
3. What do you call an alligator in a vest?
Answer: An investigator.
4. What do you call a pony with a sore throat?
Answer: A little horse.
5. What do you call a pony with a sore throat and who is also really cold?
Answer: A little hoarse.
6. What did the dog say to the man at the door?
Answer: Who’s that? Who’s that?
7. What do they call a student who is afraid of failing?
Answer: failing student
8. What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?
9. Who invented fractions?
Answer: Henry the 1/8th!
10. How do you make a Venetian blind?
Answer: Poke him in the eye!
11. Why don’t you find hippopotamuses hiding in trees?
Answer: Because they’re really good at it!
12. What did one elevator say to the other elevator?
Answer: I think I’m coming down with something!
13. What did the pig say at the beach on a hot summer’s day?
Answer: I’m bacon!
14. Did you hear about the guy who invented Lifesavers?
Answer: They say he made a mint!
15. Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut?
Answer: He just needed a little space!
Also read: 65 Funny questions that make think deeply
16. Why did the scarecrow win an award?
Answer: Because he was outstanding in his field!
17. Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer: To get to its life partner which was a fox.
18. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
Answer: 7 because a Tootsie Pop is made with 7 layers of chocolate and caramel.
19. What happens if you put your finger in your mouth and then pull it out really fast?
Answer: Your finger will come out really fast and you will look stupid doing it.
20. Why did the chicken cross the road?
Answer. To get to the other side.
21. What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?
Answer. Plymouth Rock!
22. Why do trees seem taller in the morning?
Answer. They’re stretching!
23. How do you know when a vampire has been in your fridge?
Answer. There’s a bite out of all your food!
24. What is a vampire’s favorite sport?
A. Baseball, because they love bat and balls!
25. Why did the teacher jump into the lake?
Answer. Because she wanted to test the waters!
26. What’s an astronaut’s favorite part of a computer?
Answer. The space bar!
27. If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?
Answer. Pilgrims! (There are no flowers that bloom in May!)
28. Why are pirates so mean?
Answer. Because they arrrrrgh! (They are always angry.)
29. Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon?
Answer. Great food, no atmosphere!
30: What’s the difference between a duck and a feather?
Answer: A duck is down to quack and a feather is a quack down.
31: What do you call a dog that does magic tricks?
Answer: A labracadabrador.
32: What did the buffalo say to his son when he dropped him off at school?
33: Why did the man put the clock in the blender?
Answer: He wanted to make some time.
34: What do you call a fake noodle?
Answer: An impasta.
35: Where does your nose go during vacation?
36: How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?
Answer: Ten tickles.
37: Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl in the bathroom?
Answer: Because it has a silent pee.
Funny nonsense questions
1. if two people are reading me the same time, am I being read twice?
2. Do you remember the time when you didn’t remember anything?
3. Is it possible to have a face lift while sleeping?
4. How do you make a table look good in an empty room?
5. If someone click on this article but don’t read it, is it a read or unread article?
6. What is the most accurate time of imperfect day?
7. Why did they put a clock on the wall in the bathroom and not in the bedroom?
8. Why do you think the name of the month November is spelled November?
9. If nobody buys a ticket to a movie do they still show it?
10. Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
11. How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn’t have that dangerous beak.
12. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren’t people from Holland called Holes?
13. Why is it when we laugh in school the teachers say do you find something funny? When obviously we do?
14. Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking Sometimes I read while on the toilet, so I guess it is! 😛
15. If pro and con are opposites, wouldn’t the opposite of progress be congress?
16. How come when you’re driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
17. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
18. Whose cruel idea was it for the word “lisp” to have an “s” in it?
19. If money doesn’t grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
20. If a book about failures doesn’t sell, is it a success?
21. If a – is open hours a day, days a year, why are there locks on the doors?
Funny nonsense quotes
The following are some funny nonsense quotes to think about:
1. Slow and steady wins the race, but fast and furious wins the parking spot.
2. There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can’t.
3. The best time to give advice to your children is while they’re still young enough to believe you know what you’re talking about.
4. Don’t judge a book by its movie.
5. A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
6. Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?
7. Children seldom misquote you…they more often repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said!
8. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
9. If she’s someone’s sister, someone is tired of her crap!
10. My dog used to chase people on a bike a lot… it got so bad I had to take his bike away!
Nonsense questions to ask
Here is a list of nonsense quotes to ask yourself and others:
1. Why is the word “dictionary” in the dictionary?
2. If you spin an oriental man in a circle three times does he become disoriented?
3. Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?
4. How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?
5. Why do we put suits in a garment bag and put garments in a suitcase?
6. If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?
7. If teachers taught, why didn’t preachers praught?
8. Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?
9. If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
10. Why are you IN a movie, but you’re ON TV?
11. What disease did cured ham actually have?
12. How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
Nonsense trivia questions
Here are some Nonsense trivia questions to be riddled:
1. How do you put an elephant in a refrigerator?
2. The lion king is having a birthday party, and everybody’s invited! What present should you bring him?
3. There are three ducks sitting on a fence. One decides to jump off. How many are left?
4. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
5. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?
6. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
7. If you throw three darts at different times at the board, what is the probability that all of them will hit the same number?
8. How come cannonballs are round? Wouldn’t they be more aerodynamic if they were pointed?
9. A man was outside taking a walk when it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn’t wearing a hat. His clothes got soaked, yet not a single hair got wet on his head! Why not?
Here are some Nonsense trivia questions with answers:
10. What is the largest hole in the ground?
A: A grave
11. What’s the difference between a dog and a house?
A: You can’t wake your house up at 4AM to go do its business in the yard!
12. What was the first thing you put in your mouth this morning?
13. What did one elevator say to the other?
A: I think I’m coming down with something!
14. Where do sheep go for haircuts?
A: To the baa baa shop!
15. What is green and never grows?
A: A submarine sandwich!
16. How do you make an egg-roll?
A: Push it down hill!
17. Why did the horse go to the hospital?
A: He fell sick! (sick = sickle)
18. What starts with “e” ends with “e” and contains only one letter? (riddle)
A: An envelope! (the answer is “envelope”)
19. When is a door not a door? (riddle)
A: When it’s ajar!
Random nonsense questions
List of random nonsense questions that make no sense:
1. How to forgive those who didn’t do anything wrong?
2. Do babies come out of ear holes?
3. How to make chicken curry without chicken?
4. Do penguins have knees?
5. What should I do if my dog eats my homework?
6. Can I change my name to “I will die alone”?
7. Is it possible to get pregnant while testing a pregnancy kit?
8. If I keep going North, will I reach South eventually?
9. Can I cut my hair with a fire axe?
10. Does the sun have a sun-blocker on it?
11. What would happen if everyone on earth farted at the same time?
12. Can you postpone aging by preparing the correct resume?
13. How can I stay young while I grow old at the same time?
14. Is it possible to replace a person’s skeleton with spaghetti noodles?
15. Why do we have knees, when we never use them as a weapon to fight wars or defend ourselves against enemies?
16. If there’s an infinite number of monkeys, then why haven’t they written the complete works of Shakespeare?
17. Is it possible to get a round square?
18. What can we do to make a tree not to be a tree?
19. If you are with someone then you are by yourself, what does that mean?
20. If I am right here, then why am I not where I don’t want to?
21. Why do we live in the past, present and future but not on other times?
22. What is the difference between a real one and an unreal one?
23. Why is that you only have to born to your parents but not to others?
24. When we are asleep, how do we know that we are asleep?
25. Is there any other side of a mirror besides its backside?
Weird nonsense questions
List of weird nonsense questions to ask in a truth or dare game:
1. Why do sheep “baa”? Shouldn’t they say “meh”?
2. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
3. If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
4. If corn oil is made from corn and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?
5. The light went out, but where to?
6. If it’s zero degrees outside today and it’s supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
7. Do married people live longer than single people or does it only seem longer?
8. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
9. Why do they call it a TV set when you only get one?
10. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
11. When you blow in a dog’s face, he gets mad at you. But when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the window.
12. What do sheep count when they can’t get to sleep?
13. If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?
14. What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?
15. If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
16. If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
Nonsense questions that make no sense
Here is a list of Nonsense questions that make no sense:
1. When is a door not a door?
2. What did one eye say to the other eye?
3. Why do you never see elephants hiding in trees?
4. Why does Wednesday come before Thursday if, as the saying goes, “eight comes after seven”?
5. How to make beer from pee?
6. Where do you go when you go nowhere?
7. If you eat pasta, do you become whatsapp?
8. How to create a lifestyle by sleeping 24 hours a day?
9. If you sleep with animals what do they imagine of you?
10. Why are you not dying when you are living?
Nonsense questions that make sense
Here is a definitive list of nonsense questions that make sense and confuse you:
1. Why is it called ‘after dark’ when it really is ‘after light’?
2. Where do forest rangers go to “get away from it all”?
3. When you open a new bag of cotton balls, are you supposed to throw the top one away?
4. Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
5. How did a fool and his money get together in the first place?
6. Can you be a closet claustrophobic?
7. If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their lights off?
8. When French people swear do they say pardon my English?
9. If it’s true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
10. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
11. What would Geronimo say if he jumped out of an airplane?
12. Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
13. Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
14. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
15. Did Adam and Eve have navels?
16. If a cow laughed real hard, would milk come out her nose?
17. If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
18. Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?
19. Why is it that when we “skate on thin ice”, we can “get in hot water”?
20. How to use a mirror when you are standing infront of it?
21. Can a deaf person hear his thoughts ?
22. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound ?
23. Why does “cleave” mean both split apart and stick together?
24. Does killing time damage eternity?
25. Is there life before death?
26. When Atheists go to court, do they have to swear on the bible that they’ll tell the truth, so help them Darwin?? Or do they swear on Charles Darwin’s book “Origin of Species”? (This question was asked by an Atheist.)
27. Why is phonetic not spelled the way it sounds?
28. Why can’t we touch our thoughts?
29. Why can’t we walk through walls even though they are made up of atoms and spaces between them?
30. Why doesn’t a pen become a pencil even though it contains the same amount of lead in it as that of pencils do?
31. How many apples do you have to eat before you don’t get hungry anymore?
32. Why are they called “apartments” when they’re all stuck together?
33. Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
34. Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he comes out of the shower, when he doesn’t usually wear any pants?
35. If you mated a bull dog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?
36. What do people in China call their good plates?
37. Can dogs get holywood star syndrome?
38. What is your opinion on the song “Africa” by Toto?
39. How old would you be if you were alive years ago?
40. Do you think that chickens are aware that we eat their eggs? Like when they see an egg go missing do they talk about it amongst themselves like “That’s weird, one of our eggs disappeared again.” Then at night do they have chicken nightmares about it?”
41. Is there such thing as a male ladybug or a female fire fighter ? Or are they always just whatever sex they are?