The more we grow the more we realize how little we know. There are some questions in life that just cannot be answered (at least not with any certainty).
Thinking about deep trippy thoughts about life can help you gain a new perspective on things and mind your own business.
Also read: 150+ Trippy thoughts about life, reality and existence that make you think
I have seen many people create a whole movement around this kind of thought, but there is only one problem with that, that kind of movement requires physical effort which is totally opposite to what I am trying to teach you today.
So I have compiled a list of 100 deep trippy thoughts and deep trippy questions to ask your friends or yourself.
80+ Deep Trippy Thoughts
1. When you think a thought, that thought thinks about you.
2. On average, people are more intelligent than average people.
3. If you went back to the past to get a second chance, but had no memory of traveling through time, that moment could be right now.
4. Why does everyone expect everyone else to understand what they are talking about despite no one having any idea about what
5. If I were god, I will never be god
6. There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
7. Think about how weird it is that when someone dies their body turns into dirt and then plants grow out of them! Isn’t that crazy?
You were once alive but now your body is food for future generations…just like those plants were before they became part of you!
8. What if we’re all living in a simulation and all the disappearances in the Bermuda triangle are just people who accidentally found the way out.
9. I can’t stop thinking about how we’re all just walking bags of meat, and our brain is the only thing that separates us from the rest of the animals on this planet.
10. I am a puzzle piece of a giant jigsaw puzzle that no one, not even God knows the whole picture.
11. The world is a constant of events and we live in a perpetual state of the present moment.
12. We are all just energy and energy can never be destroyed or created only transferred or changed, so we will live forever!
Also read: 200+ Trippy questions to ask
13. The universe is a giant organism/organism and we are all part of that living organism, so we are all connected in some way to each other.
14. Time is just an illusion that makes it easier for you to make sense of your life, but really it’s not there at all.
15. Your time on earth will come to an end but you will continue to exist in some form or another through space and time.
16. You are your own god because no one else has control over what happens in your life, only yourself!
17. Life is like a game where every day you wake up and play until you die than go back to sleep for another day/night cycle to repeat again tomorrow with different challenges/obstacles along the way which may seem impossible at
18. The number of bad things in this world is so large and so terrifying that if I were you, I wouldn’t be able to handle the existential dread. That’s how I feel about the existence of a single fly.
19. There is no such thing as time, it’s just a construct defining the past, present, and future to make things easier for us to comprehend, but time doesn’t exist.
20. The only reason we don’t trip balls on a daily basis is that we have been conditioned to believe that it’s not normal.
21. If you could survive on air alone, you wouldn’t need money to live.
22. We will never know what it’s like to be another person or animal because we are all too self-centered and focused on our own experiences and thoughts to relate with others.
23. The more I think about death, the more I realize life is just a game we play for fun. It’s not real.
That’s why we should enjoy every moment of it because there isn’t anything else waiting for us beyond this world (at least not according to science)
24. The past and the present are equally real.
25. Existence is a strange bargain. Life owes us little; we owe it everything. The only true happiness comes from squandering ourselves for a purpose.
26. It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.
Also read: 90 Trippy questions about reality
27. The easiest way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing and be nothing.
28. You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.
29. When it’s time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived.
30. The trouble is, you think you have time.
31. Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
32. Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.
33. “The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.”
34. “When we realize that life is always happening for us, not to our game over, all the pain and suffering disappear.”
35. “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
36. “Everyone you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.”
37. “We are what we think about all day long.”
38. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
39. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.”
40. “Be with those who bring out the best in you, not the stress in
41. All perception is relative.
42. There is no true beauty but in truth.
43. If all men knew what others say of them, there would not be four friends in the world.
44. Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.
45. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
46. The most valuable things are those that cannot be seen or touched. They must be felt with the heart.
47. Don’t judge a book by its cover because it’s usually the first edition and worth a lot more than the paperback copy out back by the dumpster!
48. If we are to understand why and how human beings are capable of being so good and so evil, we must first understand why and how they are capable of being so intelligent.
49. The worst part about growing up is, that you begin to realize you’re actually going to grow up.
50. You cannot find peace by avoiding life.
Also read: 100 Trippy questions to ask your high friend
51. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
52. We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
53. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
54. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
55. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
56. “The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don’t know.”
57. “I wonder what it’s like to be a fish.”
58. “You can never go to sleep worrying about what might happen tomorrow.”
59. “I think aliens are probably much closer to us than we can even imagine.”
60. What if the only reason we haven’t been visited by aliens yet
If you wanted to, you could use your imagination to generate a spectacular reality.
61. Everything you can imagine is real.
62. We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
63. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.
64. Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
65. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; it is the source of all true art and science.”
66. If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
67. “Ordinary people believe only in the possible. Extraordinary people visualize not what is possible or probable, but rather what is impossible. And by visualizing the impossible, they begin to see it as possible.” — Cherie Carter-Scott
68. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” — Confucius
69. “It’s not where you start, it’s where you finish that counts.” — Zig Ziglar
70. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.”— Henry Ford
71. “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman
72. “What good is an idea if it remains an idea? Try. Experiment. Iterate. Fail. Try again. Change the world.” – Simon Sinek
73. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self” – Ernest Hemingway
74. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. – Albert Einstein
75. That man is wisest who, like Socrates, realizes that his wisdom is worthless. – Plato
76. The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. – Jim Morrison
77. The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. – Socrates
78. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. – Rumi
79. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
80. “You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.”
81. “The only truth is music.” James Baldwin
82. “The earth has a skin and that skin has diseases; one of its diseases is called man.” Friedrich Nietzsche
83. “You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.” C.S. Lewis
84. “Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up.” Louise Erdrich
85. “Sometimes people try to expose something real about themselves, and it gets broken open too soon, so they learn to keep it hidden.” Richard Siken
86. Everything you can imagine is real.” Pablo Picasso
87. “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” Aldous Huxley
50 Deep Trippy questions
Here is a list of deep trippy questions:
1. What if there are multiple souls in our body but you’re the most powerful one so you have control over your body and the voice you hear in your head are just the weaker souls talking to you?
2. What if when we finally understand everything there is to know, God will simply be everything (including ourselves) and nothing at the same time?
3. What if there was no time and we were all stuck in one moment?
4. If you try to fail and succeed, what have you done?
5. It’s weird that when a person dies, we say “rest in peace” rather than “stay dead”.
6. The number 4 has 4 letters in its name but no other number has that. You know what I mean!
If you punch yourself and it hurts are you weak or strong?
7. If a baby’s leg pops out at 11:59 PM but his head doesn’t come out until 12:01, which day was he born on?
8. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, do the other trees make fun of it?
9. If a doctor suddenly had a heart attack while doing surgery, would the other doctors’ work on the doctor or the patient?
10. Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
11. What would a chair look like if your knees bent the other way?
12. Do we think in words or do we think in pictures?
13. In a world without fences and walls, who would need gates and doors?
14. Why do they call it common sense if it’s so rare?
Also read: 125 Trippy questions to ask your friend
15. Why are they called apartments when they’re all stuck together?
16. Why do they call it a “building” if it is already built?
17. If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?
18. Why is it that when you transport something by car, it’s called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship it’s called cargo?
19. How there is snow on Mount Everest if the clouds are under it?
20. God says he made the world in seven days but archaeologists have found the earth is more than 4 billion years old and still in making. What did God do for the rest of the time?
21. What if there are multiple souls in our body but you’re the most powerful one so you have control over your body and the voice you hear in your head are just the weaker souls talking to you?
22. What if there are multiple versions of you living in alternate universes and your dreams are you viewing what your other selves are doing?
23. How do you know if someone’s real or not when they say they’re real? What if they’re not real and they’re just a figment of your imagination?
24. How do you know if someone’s lying or not when they say something is true? What if they’re lying and then it turns out to be a lie in the end?
25. Where do babies come from, and why do they cry so much?
26. Is there such a thing as overdressing for the occasion? No, there isn’t!
27. Why are we in school if we’re just going to spend the rest of our lives working?
28. What if life is just a dream and when we die, we wake up?
29. Is it worse to fail at something or never attempt it in the first place?
30. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
31. “What if this is all a dream and we’re still dreaming?”
32. “I would love to just be able to lay on the beach with my friends forever.”
33. “I wonder how many years in my life I’ve spent high.”
34. “Why do they call weed a gateway drug? If anything, it’s an escaped drug.”
35. “How do babies decide what language to speak?”
36. Why does a shape like a circle, even though it has no edges, still manage to divide space into two separate halves?
37. How is it that we can see the whole universe in a piece of quartz?
38. Does every living thing on this planet have its own unique smell, like a fingerprint?
39. What if the person who invented the wheel was blind?
40. Are there any good things about being ugly, or is that just something ugly people tell themselves to feel better?
41. What if everything you knew was the opposite of what actually is? For example, what if up was down and down was up? How different would your life be? Would you do anything differently?
42. If I gave you $1 billion right now, would you be happy for the rest of your life?
43. If every year we could go back in time to meet our younger selves and give them one piece of advice, how much different would we be in 30 years’ time?
44. If there are so many stars in the sky, why do they all look like tiny white dots instead of huge burning balls of fire?
45. What if time is just an illusion we created because our brains can’t fathom infinity?
46. What if we’re all just immortal beings pretending to be mortal?
47. What if our entire lives are nothing more than a dream?
48. What if when we wake up from the dream, none of us will remember it ever happened and we’ll all go about living life as though it were real?
49. What if life is actually something completely different than what we perceive it to be like?
50. What if everything is nothing more than a simulation being run by some advanced extraterrestrial species for their own entertainment?