As per our moods, experiences, and environments – from time to time we all go through certain psychological and social drama.
In search of seeking our own place in the world, at times, we question our own existence.
But when it comes to living a peaceful and harmonious life – the random questions shift to people and focus on how their lives impact us.
So, in order to develop deep and meaningful relationships, in this guide, you will have a good list of 100 random questions to ask people.
Make use of these random questions to ask random people to understand each other deeper and better. Good luck!
100 Random questions to ask people
The following is a list of 100 best random questions to ask people in any situation:
1. Why do bad things happen to good people?
If you ask this random question to people, it elicits a deep conversation.
Perhaps, the best possible answer to such an unanswerable question is that God gives his children free will and sometimes we choose not to use it in the best way possible.
And people take everything for granted and don’t appreciate every moment of life.
2. Is there anything you wish more people would understand about life?
Human psyche is by far the most complicated and mysterious thing in this existence because of our unique gift called “Intelligence.”
However, this same gift creates conflict and influences war in the world. It’s very hard to understand someones’ purest thoughts and future actions.
So, asking this random question to people will encourage a healthy debate and deep conversation.
3. Why do people yawn in groups?
This is a pretty interesting topic to talk about with others.
The reason why people yawn in groups is because they’re tired or bored and can’t keep their eyes open.
More than likely, if you go to a party with many people, at least half of them will end up yawning at some point.
However, ask this random question to people and get to know their perspective on it.
4. Do you believe that all religions preach the same message?
There’s no such thing as an entirely pure religion nowadays because all religions try to evolve and adapt themselves to modern time needs and influences.
Very rarely people are following the original teachings of their faith but they add something from outside which then makes the religion become altered.
In these circumstances, it is hard to say whether all religions preach the same message. This is one of the best random questions to ask people to know their thoughts on this topic.
5. If you had to live on another planet, which one would you pick?
This is such a random question to ask people for fun. It’s always been hard to imagine living on another planet.
I’m sure my first choice would be Mars, just because of how close it is to Earth and it doesn’t look too different from Earth.
But once I think about the temperature differences, I probably would want to find somewhere like Venus since it seems closer in size compared to Earth.
Besides that, I’m not sure But ask your friends or family members and get to know their preferences.
6. How long does the human body need oxygen before its brain shuts down?
This is one of the random weird questions to ask people.
According to a study, the average person can hold their breath for 11 minutes before the risk of fainting becomes significant.
Additionally, it takes 20 minutes of oxygen deprivation to induce coma and irreversible damage to the brain cells.
An architect by training, Barcelona-based Segura is a renowned practitioner of free diving. In 2016, he set the Guinness World Record by holding his breath for 24 minutes and 3 seconds.
7. What is the last thing you’ll eat if it was your last day on earth?
If you ask this random question to random people, it leads to a profound discussion.
What is the last thing you’ll eat anyway? Well, it depends on who you ask that question to.
8. If aliens landed tomorrow, how long do you think it would take for us humans to notice them amongst us?
Wow, what an amazing random question to ask people. Aliens could be among us already since antiquity yet we couldn’t figure it out.
And I think we are closer than ever to discover them finally.
As per Pentagon recent reports there are about 400 UAP or UFO encounters that were identified.
So, for sure there is something out there among us and perhaps it would take some years to notice them.
9. What is the meaning of life?
Perhaps, the meaning of life is to enjoy the moments that you have in this existence.
We should cherish each second because it might be the last.
Some people say that the meaning of life is to find your purpose and do what you love for the rest of your days.
That would be a happy death for me if I could die doing what I love. Ask this random question to people and get to know what they might have to say.
Random questions to ask people (Deep, funny, weird, dumb, good and interesting)
10. Why is it always winter in the Northern Hemisphere?
11. What does dark matter look like?
12. What does heaven look like?
13. What is the one word that describes everything the way it is?
14. What are the dimensions of an electron?
15. What is the nature of dark matter?
16. Can someone who has been blind from birth dream in color?
17. How does gravity work?
18. Why do cats always land on their feet?
19. What makes up over % of our universe – dark energy or dark matter?
20. What do you like best about yourself?
21. What is your earliest memory?
22. How did you become interested in this field (ie, journalism)?
23. If you could trade places with anyone else right now, who would it be and why?
24. What superpower would you want? Or what superpower would you give up for eternal happiness?
25. Who is your favorite historical figure?
26. What’s the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
27. Why couldn’t we encounter any ghosts or angels yet?
28. Are you afraid of being forgotten?
29. Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
30. What’s your favorite animal?
Funny random questions to ask people
The following are some of the funny random questions to ask people:
31. If you could n’t allow someone to live somewhere in the world, where would it be?
32. What kinds of things have you seen in your life that make you yawk? Why is it so?
33. If you could change one thing in your face, what would it be and why?
34. What is your biggest fear about sneezing while opening your eyes?
35. What is the best or worst thing you have done to your pet dog or cat?
36. What is your favorite thing about not taking shower for days?
37. What have you been thinking lately about sleeping upside down?
38. What is the strongest opinion you have about any of these nonsensical topics?
39. What was the last book you didn’t want to read?
40. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday afternoon?
Good random questions to ask people to learn something from them
These are some of the very good random questions to ask people for instant connection;
41. What’s the last book you read?
42. What was your first job?
43. Who do you think is the most beautiful person alive right now?
44. How long will the world exist before it ends (if there will ever be an end)?
45. Which came first: The chicken or the egg?
46. What country would you never want to visit?
47. What’s your favorite food?
48. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, which side are you on–the zombies or the humans?
49. What superhero power would you want if given the choice?
50. If given the chance, what advice would you give to your younger self?
Weird Random questions to ask random people
Here is a list of weird random questions to ask random people:
51. Would you rather go through life without music or without art?
52. In ten words or less, how do I make myself happy today?
53. What’s your favorite song lyric?
54. What lessons have you learned from studying philosophy?
55. If death were inevitable, would you prefer painless or painful ways to die?
56. Do you believe in hell as a place of punishment after death for sinners (such as murderers)?
57. Who are some people that inspire you and why?
58. Would you rather be rich but lonely or poor but loved by many friends?
59. What is your greatest fear?
60. What are you looking forward to in the future?
61. What’s your least favorite chore?
62. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you for it?
63. If given the opportunity, would you clone yourself and what would happen to the original you?
64. What is the meaning of life, or at least your meaning of life?
65. How do you get out of a really bad mood (that doesn’t involve alcohol)?
Dumb random questions to ask people for fun
The following is a list of random questions to ask people for fun:
66. What is your favorite sound?
67. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
68. What’s your favorite television show or movie?
69. Who are your heroes in real life and why?
70. If you were granted one wish, what would it be?
71. Would you rather not be able to tell the difference between people and animals or not be able to tell the difference between colors (and everything was in black and white)?
72. What are you currently working on?
73. What is your favorite number?
74. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
75. What’s your favorite color and why?
76. What is the funniest joke you know?
77. What is your favorite word and why?
78. What’s your favorite quote or saying and why does it resonate with you so much?
79. Who is your hero of all time and why are they your hero (in real life)?
80. Who did you last hold hands with?
Interesting random questions to ask people
These are some interesting random questions to ask people:
81. What is one thing that makes you truly happy?
82. What is one thing that makes you sad?
83. What is one thing that makes you angry?
84. Would you spend $5,000 to cure your baldness if you could get it guaranteed to be effective for life with no side effects whatsoever?
85. Is there anyone whose love life bothers you more than yours does right now?
86. Would you rather clean up an oil spill or clear trees after a forest fire? Section: Whose life would make the best book of all time and why?
87. What was your first name before your parents named you something else?
88. Which talent would you most like to have?
89. Do you have any mortal enemies?
90. If a genie granted you one wish, what would it be?
Also read: 100 Interesting questions to ask people
Deep Random questions to ask people to get to know them
Here is a list of deep random questions to ask people to get to know them:
91. Do you believe in God, Jesus Christ, and/or the Holy Spirit?
92. What is your biggest fear in life?
93. Would you rather go blind or deaf?
94. Would you rather have three more hours of every day than live to 100 years old?
95. What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
96. Where were you born and raised?
97. When was the last time you cried tears of joy?
98. Have you ever talked to yourself for days?
99. How many languages can you speak fluently besides English (excluding sign language)?
100. What are some qualities you admire in other people?
Also read: 100 Deep questions to ask people