Deep thought questions provoke you to think and encourage you to initiate an intellectual discussion with your friends, family, colleagues, boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner.
They are ideally suited for any social situation and break the ice for deep conversation starters.
For example, here is one of the open-ended deep thought questions: “Are humans inherently evil?”
The answer to this question is not obvious. It requires some research and analysis before answering it.
Also read: 50+ Funny questions that make you think
To continue, here are some deep thought questions to ask yourself and others:
Deep Thought Questions
The following are some great lists of deep thought questions:
1. Are we alone in this universe?
2. How could I live my life differently?
3. What’s the meaning of life? (And what’s the point?)
4. Is there a God? And if there is, what does he want from us?
5. Why do bad things happen to good people? (And vice versa.)
Here is a list of fun deep thoughts questions:
6. Why are we here?
7. Are we living in a simulation?
8. Do you ever have those moments when you feel like you’re the only sane person in the world?
9. Is there intelligent life out there?
10. What happens after we die?
11. Would you rather be famous or rich?
12. How do I know if someone really cares about me or not?
13. Why do we get married if it wasn’t going to last forever anyways?
14. If everyone in the world jumped at once, would it affect anything about our planet’s orbit around the sun?
15. What is one thing that makes life worth living?
16. If there was one thing that could make your life better right now, what would it be?
17. What is one thing that has made your life better so far?
18. If there was one thing that could make your life worse right now, what would it be?
19. How light affects our bodies?
20. What is the difference between a lie and a lie detector?
Also read: 125 Questions that make no sense
21. Can we see the future with our naked eyes?
22. How does a volcano work?
23. What is the most efficient way to get from point A to point B?
24. Why does it feel good when we laugh and cry?
25. Why do people fall in love? How can they sense who they are going to fall in love with if they have no idea who they are going to meet or what kind of person they are going to meet?
26. Why do we have a sense of self?
27. How is it that we can see from far away?
28. Does time keep going even when you’re not paying attention to it?
29. Do dogs dream?
30. Do cats understand music?
Also read: 100+ Questions that make you think deeply funny
Deep thought questions funny
Here is a list of funny deep thought questions:
1. How do you know if a chicken is happy?
2. How do you know if a cow is sad?
3. What does a pirate say when he walks into a bar?
4. Why did the cowboy get kicked out of the gym?
5. What is the difference between a dog and a cat?
6. Why did the pizza get fired from his job as an astronaut?
7. Wouldn’t it be smart to make the sticky stuff on envelopes taste like chocolate?
8. Why are the commercials for cable companies on cable but not on regular television? Don’t they want the people without cable to buy the cable?
9. Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
10. Wouldn’t it be cool if your dog barked in Morse code and you could just type out what he/she was trying to tell you
Also read: 50+ Funny deep thought questions
Deep thought questions to ask yourself
Here is a list of Good deep thought questions about life to ask yourself:
1. What is the meaning of my life?
2. Who am I?
3. What do I want from life?
4. What do I want to be if money wasn’t an issue? (If you already know the answer, then what steps can you take to become that person?)
5. Why did I choose my current career? (If you don’t like it, why not?)
6. What is the most important thing in life? Money, health, or relationships?
Deep Thought Questions to ask someone
Here is a list of deep thought questions to ask:
1. What is your purpose in life?
2. What do you want to be remembered for?
3. What are your dreams?
4. How can you help others?
5. How can you better yourself?
6. What are the most important things in life?
7. How do you define success?
8. What is happiness to you?
9. What makes a person truly happy?
10. What is your biggest fear?
11. What are you most proud of?
12. Do you consider yourself a good person? Why or why not?
13. If you were given a second chance at life, would you do anything differently?
14. If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go and what would you do there?
15. If money was no object, what would be your dream job? (or if money was an object, what would be your dream job?)
16. What’s the most beautiful thing (person, place, thing) that has ever happened to you?
17. What’s been the worst thing that’s happened to you lately? How did it affect your attitude toward life in general?
18. Are there any people who have hurt or disappointed you in any way recently — and how did it affect your experience of them as human beings and as friends/family members/etc.?
19. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
20. If you could order any meal for free for the rest of your life, what would it be?
21. If you could meet one person from history, who would it be?
22. Would you rather never be able to read or write again, or never be able to speak another language than English?
23. What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you?
24. Do you have any regrets in life? If so, what are they?
Also read: Huge list of stupid questions
Deep thought questions about relationships
These are some best deep-thought questions about relationship couples should ponder and have open communication with each other:
1. Is your partner still happy?
2. Does your partner enjoy spending time with you?
3. Have you ever cheated on your partner?
4. Do you know why you are attracted to each other?
5. How important is communication in a good relationship?
6. Do you both have similar goals and dreams?
7. Are there trust issues between the two of you?
8. What is your life without this person going to be like?
9. Is this relationship worth fighting for?
10. Do you have different life goals?
11. Is your health an issue?
12. What’s your age and life expectancy?
13. Have you been in a bad relationship for a while?
14. Is there anyone else on your mind?
15. Are you financially dependent on each other?
16. Is one person extremely negative and starting to take a toll on your emotional well-being?
17. Do you share joint ownership over the property like a house or car?
Also read: Deep philosophical questions about love and relationships
Deep thought questions to ask your girlfriend
Here is a list of deep thought questions for the boyfriend to ask his girlfriend:
1. “If you could go back and change one thing about your relationship with me, what would it be?”
2. “What do you value most in a partner?”
3. “What type of things cause conflict between us?”
4. “How can we improve our communication and avoid conflicts?”
5. “What do you like about being in a relationship?”
6. “How did your past relationships end?”
7. “Have any of your friends ever broken up with their significant others? What happened?”
8. “What was the last fight that we had? How do we need to move forward from that situation?”
9. What is your favorite date place?
10. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
11. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
12. Tell me something you’ve never told anyone else
13. What is your favorite personal quality that you have?
14. What is the best thing that you can cook?
15. What is your dream job?
Also read: Tricky questions to ask your girlfriend
Deep thought questions to ask your boyfriend
Here is a list of deep thought questions for a girlfriend to ask her boyfriend:
1. What do you think about dating apps?
2. Have you ever tried online dating?
3. How do you feel about the term “icebreaker”?
4. What is the most romantic thing you have ever done or said for a woman?
5. What is something you are better at than your partner?
6. Who has been your biggest influence in life?
7. What is your favorite kids show?
8. What is the best thing about having a girlfriend?
9. What is the best question you have ever been asked?
10. How would you describe your personal style?
11. What are you most guilty of?
12. How does your relationship with your family affect your work?
13. What are some things that you do to relax?
14. What do you find attractive about your significant other?
15. What is the most romantic thing a person has ever done for you?
Also read: Trap questions to ask your boyfriend