There are quite a few questions to make you think for a long time. These questions evoke a lot of interpretations of things being life, universe and everything.
Some of these questions are meant to be deep and confusing for us.
And there are a few questions that may have baffled you since the time you were a child. Questions like – where do we come from? Who made the world and why are we here?
These are some common questions that children often ask their parents, teachers and peers. They wonder about these questions because of their lack of knowledge about life and the world around them.
When they grow up, they realize that these questions have no satisfactory answer and somehow just get ignored over time.
But there are some people who keep pondering these questions for years together, trying to find answers even as a grown-up and still worry about the same things till today.
So here is a list of icebreaker questions, get to know you questions, philosophical questions and also here are such agonizing questions to make you think deep on different concepts and topics to have a deep conversation.
This is just to give you something to think about. It is also an attempt to show you what makes our lives interesting and beautiful along with dangerous and unpredictable.
- 500+ Questions to make you think
- Funny questions to make you think
- Ethical questions to make you think deeply
- Icebreaker questions that make you think
- Moral questions to really make you think
- Philosophical questions that make you think
- Get to know you good questions to ask to make you think
- Brain teaser questions that make you think
- Mind blowing Deep questions to make you think
- Science questions that make you think
- Annoying questions that make you think
- High Questions to make you think
- Confusing questions that make you think
- Psychology questions that make you think
- Questions to ask yourself that make you think:
- Personal questions to make you think about yourself
- Cool questions that make you think
- Clever questions that make you think
- Questions that make you think critically
- Debate questions that make you think
- Drunk questions that make you think
- Easy and random questions to ask that make you think
- General Questions to make you think about life
- Hard questions to make you think
- Hypothetical questions that make you think
- Interview questions to make you think
- Joke questions that make you think funny
- Logic questions that make you think
- Fun and Meme questions that make you think
- Odd, stupid and weird questions to make you think
- Obvious questions that make you think
- Yes or no questions that make you think
- Truth or dare questions that make you think
- Pointless questions that make you think
- Nonsense questions that make you think
- Rhetorical questions that make you think
- Relationship questions that make you think
- Really dumb questions that make you think
- Riddle questions that make you think outside the box
- Silly questions to make you think twice
- Serious questions that make you think
- Strange questions that make you think
- Trick questions that make you think
- Trivia questions that make you think
- This or that questions that make you think
- Tough questions that make you think hard
- Unanswerable questions that make you think
- Would you rather questions to make you think
- Best Wtf questions that make you think
500+ Questions to make you think
Here is a list of intellectual questions to make you think:
1. Which will eventually win out: Capitalism or Communism?
2. Are we alone in the universe?
3. Is there a God?
4. Is it possible to prove the existence of anything?
5. What makes humans different from other species?
6. Should the US have dropped atomic bombs on Japan during WWII?
7. Does life have a meaning or is it just random?
8. What is the best way to fight climate change and global warming?
9. Is there such a thing as absolute morality, or does it all depend on culture and time?
10. Do we have free will, or are our lives determined by fate/God/some other being?
11. Can money buy you happiness?
12. Is there such a thing as fate?
13. How many people actually follow the laws they have to follow?
14. Do we really have free will or are our lives predetermined?
15. What is the meaning of life?
16. What do you think is the greatest invention of all time and why?
17. What is the most important virtue in your life and why is it so significant to you?
18. Do you believe that there are certain things that we cannot change no matter how hard we try or how many times we try?
19. Should some things be kept a secret from family members, even if it’s not illegal or immoral?
20. Are human beings inherently good or bad?
Funny questions to make you think
Here are some hilarious and funny questions to make you think:
1. Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?
2. How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?
3. What do you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?
4. Is it true that cannibals don’t eat clowns because they taste funny?
5. What was the best thing before sliced bread?
6. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
7. If milk goes bad if not refrigerated, why does it not go bad inside the cow?
8. How come wrong numbers are never busy?
9. Why does your OB-GYN leave the room when you get undressed for an exam?
10. Why is brassiere singular and panties plural?
Also read: 100 Deep questions to think about
Ethical questions to make you think deeply
Here is a list of ethical questions to make you think deeply:
1. Is it okay to criticize others?
2. Is it okay to sleep with someone other than your spouse?
3. Is abortion right or wrong?
4. Should you cheat in class to get ahead in life?
5. Do people have the right to die?
6. Is it okay for someone to take your property if he needs it more than you do?
7. What is the most important thing in life: friends, love or family?
8. Is it wrong to have a secret bank account from your spouse?
9. Is it okay to use the handicapped spot if you are not handicapped but in a hurry?
10. Should a pregnant woman, who knows she is carrying an unhealthy fetus, be able to have an abortion?
11. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
12. Is it okay to accept money from a relative or friend who won’t pay taxes on that money?
13. When is it okay to break the law?
14. Do you think you should be allowed to date anyone that you want, even if your parents do not approve of that person?
15. If someone commits suicide, do you think their family has the right to sue anyone who might have caused them stress or unhappiness that led to their death?
16. Should we be allowed to hold pets in captivity? Zoo animals and aquarium fish are my first concern, but what about domestic animals too (dogs, cats etc.)?
17. Is it okay for someone with a terminal illness to end their own life and if so should they be allowed help with ending their life?
Also read: 200+ Good questions that make you think
Icebreaker questions that make you think
Here is a list of icebreaker questions that make you think:
1. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
2. What would you do if you were born again?
3. What are some things that seem normal to you but would be weird to another person?
4. What will the world be like in 50 years time?
5. Can time really heal all wounds?
6. If money did not exist, what kind of life would you live?
7. If aliens landed on our planet, what would be their first reaction after observing us?
8. How do we know that we are not simply a character in someone else’s dream or imagination?
9. Do you believe that the past can affect the present and future, or is everything simply a result of what we have done previously?
10. If tomorrow everyone was over 30 years old, how would the world change?
Moral questions to really make you think
Here is a list of moral questions to really make you think:
1. If you were faced with two options, one of which would result in a happy life for you and the ones you love, and one of which would result in a happy life for everyone else, which would you choose?
2. Is it better to be feared or loved?
3. Can we ever really know whether or not someone has good intentions?
4. How can we ever really know, if something is morally right or wrong?
5. Do moral duties exist unquestionably, or are they more like guidelines?
6. When do you decide when something is morally right, and when is it morally wrong?
7. What is the most important thing in life, and why?
8. How can we truly know what it right?
9. What does it mean to be morally right?
11. Is it wrong to lie in a life-threatening situation?
12. Can we justify acts of terrorism for the greater good?
13. Are those who are mentally ill morally responsible for their actions?
14. Should society support artists and musicians, even if their work is unpopular or offensive?
15. Is there such thing as free will, or are all actions predetermined?
16. Do humans have a moral obligation to protect animals from extinction?
17. Can we be held morally responsible for our unconscious desires and impulses?
18. Is there such a thing as an absolute truth, or is all knowledge relative to the individual?
19. What obligations does society have towards the homeless and hungry people on the streets of our cities?
Philosophical questions that make you think
Asking philosophical questions makes you consider the world around you in a different light.
It helps you to understand things better, empathizes with others and think about things in a new way. This can be beneficial for your own life, but also for those around you.
Philosophical questions can be found all around us, as well as being a part of every day life. Sometimes it’s just not obvious to see them, so I’ve come up with this list of philosophical questions that make you think:
1. Are human beings fundamentally good or bad?
2. What is the meaning of life?
3. Does God exist?
4. Is there a right way to live?
5. Are we alone in the universe?
6. After we die, do we continue to exist?
7. What is the nature of reality itself?
8. Are our choices determined for us?
9. Does time have a direction — is the past gone forever and the future still to come, or could things happen differently from how they did happen?
10. It seems like every generation has different views on what’s morally right and wrong; how do you know which opinions are correct?
Get to know you good questions to ask to make you think
If you want to lead a happy life and enjoy the good things the world has to offer, you should learn to trust people.
I know that trusting someone can be tough, but if you really want to experience all the great things in life, you have to learn how to trust others.
Try it out right now. Trust me when I say: “You will not regret it.”
Here is a list of get to know you good questions to ask to make you think:
1) Who is the most important person in your life?
2) What makes you feel most alive?
3) What do you regret not doing in the past year?
4) What was something you used to do as a child that you wish you could still do?
5) What would you like to spend more time doing and why?
6) What would you like to change about yourself and why?
7) If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
8) Is there something that people consistently ask for your advice on? What is it and what do you tell them?
9) Is there a cause or issue that’s close to your heart, one that gets you fired up and inspires action? Why is it so important to you?
10) If money wasn’t an issue, how would you spend your days?
11) What is the most important thing that guys should understand about the girl, and it seems to you that they do not understand?
12) In your opinion, what should be done so that in 10 years there would be no wars on our planet?
13) What is the most stupid thing you’ve ever agreed to do? What happened?
14) What is one of the weirdest things you used to believe as a child? Why did you believe this?
15) If there was something you could change about your past, what would it be and why would you change it?
16) What was the first thing that came into your mind when someone said: “life”?
17) If your life had a theme song, what would it be and why?
Brain teaser questions that make you think
Here is a list of brain teaser questions that make you think:
1. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
2. What can you never eat for breakfast?
3. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
4. Which month of the year has 28 days?
5. Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
6. If there are 6 apples and you take away 4, how many do you have?
7. I am an odd number; take away one letter and I become even. What number am I?
8. When can you add two to eleven and get one as the correct answer?
9. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?
10. The person who makes it has no need for it; the person who buys it has no use for it; and the person who uses it can neither see nor feel it.” What is this object?”
Also read: 65 Funny questions that make you think
Mind blowing Deep questions to make you think
Here is a list of Mind blowing deep questions to make you think:
1. If you’re born again, does that mean you have two belly buttons?
2. Does the reverse side also have a reverse side?
3. Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
4. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
5. Why is it called tourist season if we can’t shoot at them?
6. Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside?
7. Whose cruel idea was it for the word “lisp” to have an “s” in it?
8. Can fat people go skinny-dipping?
9. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
10. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
11. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
12. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
13. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
14. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
15. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
16. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
17. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
18. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
19. You are offered a dream job that requires moving to another country. What questions do you ask yourself before making this decision?
Science questions that make you think
Here is a list of Scientific questions that make you think:
1. What are we going to do about all of the space junk orbiting the Earth?
2. Why is it that on the nights that we have a large view of the moon, there are so many UFO sightings?
3. What is with all of the crop circles? Is it some sort of alien sign language?
4. Why did we stop building monorails?
5. Why do we keep wasting time and money trying to get Mars habitable when there are plenty of places on Earth where we could build cities, if not entire civilizations?
6. If there were life on Mars how come they left no evidence of their existence?
7. Could dinosaurs still be roaming the earth in some remote areas?
8. How long will mankind last before we destroy ourselves or the planet make us extinct?
Why do you need to sleep?
9. Is it possible to predict the future?
10. How long could you survive without water?
11. Does time have a beginning and end?
12. Do we really understand what matter is?
13. Is there a limit to the size of the universe?
14. Can we travel faster than light?
15. Are parallel universes real or just a mathematical construct?
16. How can I be certain that my reality is not an illusion?
17. What is consciousness and why do we have it?
18. What is the nature of space and time?
19. Is there life anywhere else in the universe?
20. Why are we here, what is our purpose in life and what happens after we die?
21. How do you know that the laws of physics we have established are true?
22. Is there a scientific way to prove that God doesn’t exist?
23. What is time and what is space?
24. What other living things are intelligent?
25. Does it matter if the universe is infinite or finite if it’s expanding?
26. How can you really define “the present”? Aren’t all moments in the past, even if only for an instant?
27. How can you say that gravity is a force when we don’t know how forces work?
28. We’re just learning about atoms, but what about subatomic particles? Or smaller than that?
Do we ever reach a point where we know everything there is to know about something?
Or do we continue with this same sort of learning forever and ever, without end, without being able to understand everything because there will always be something smaller to learn about after that?
29. Why do some places have earthquakes at some times and not others when they’re on the same plate as other places that have them all the time (e.g., San Francisco vs Los Angeles)?
30. Why does no one seem to care about science in their daily lives?
Annoying questions that make you think
Here is a list of Annoying Questions that make you think:
1. Why do we say “a pair of pants” when there is only one thing?
2. Why does “slow down” and “slow up” mean the same thing?
3. Why does “fat chance” and “slim chance” mean the same thing?
4. Why do “tug” boats push their barges?
5. Why do we sing “Take me out to the ball game,” when we are already there?
6. Why are they called “stands” when they are made for sitting?
7. Why is it called “after dark”, when it really is “after light”?
8. Doesn’t expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
9. Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?
10. Why do ‘overlook’ and ‘oversee’ mean opposite things?
High Questions to make you think
Here is a list of high questions to make you think and ask your high friends:
1. What happens when you get scared half to death twice?
2. Why is the word “abbreviation” so long?
3. Why do they call it a TV “set” when you only get one?
4. Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
5. What is the speed of darkness?
6. If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
7. How come we say ‘It’s colder than hell outside’ when isn’t it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?
8. Why do people say, “You’ve been working like a dog” when dogs just sit around all day?
9. Why does your nose run, and your feet smell?
10. When someone asks you, “A penny for your thoughts” and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?
Confusing questions that make you think
Here is a list of confusing Questions that make you think:
1. Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
2. If milk goes bad if not refrigerated, why does it not go bad inside the cow?
3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
4. If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
5. Why are you IN a movie but ON TV?
6. Why do you play at a recital and recite at a play?
7. Why aren’t blueberries actually blue?
8. Is there such thing as all-you-can eat shrimp? What about all-you-can eat crab legs?
9. How do you handcuff a one-armed man?
10. What do people in China call their good plates?
Psychology questions that make you think
The following are a few psychology Questions that make you think:
1. If your brain was used as evidence in a trial, what crime would it be convicted of and why?
2. How do we explain memories from before we were born?
3. Why do we treat others differently than ourselves?
4. What are the things that you can give but not receive?
5. What can you never eat for breakfast?
6. Why is it easy to talk about someone else’s problem but difficult to solve your own?
7. Why do we feel sleepy after getting a haircut?
8. Can you see your eye without a mirror or camera?
9. Why do people say, “Mind your own business”? Is it possible to mind our own business?
10. What would your life be like without any mind?
11. Can we ever be certain of anything?
12. What does it mean to be human?
13. Where is the line between good and evil?
14. Is it possible to have no thoughts?
15. What are some things that you think are true but cannot prove?
16. What is the biggest unanswered question in science today about psychology and neuroscience?
17. How long could you survive without oxygen? Is there really such a thing as an IQ test?
18. Do animals think like humans do? Do they have feelings, or are they just instinctive creatures? Or is there another option we haven’t thought of yet?
19. If the speed of light is constant, how can anything accelerate to the speed of light, since it is already moving as fast as it can go?
Questions to ask yourself that make you think:
Here is a quick list of questions to ask yourself that make you think:
Questions that make you think are powerful because they have the ability to challenge our assumptions.
They allow us to reflect on the beliefs and values that we hold today and contemplate how they’ve come to be.
But most importantly, questions that make you think help us uncover what we’re passionate about. They’re an opportunity for us to pick a direction and say “this is where I want to go.”
So take a few minutes and ask yourself these questions that make you think and plan your life
1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
2. What will your life look like?
3. What will you be doing?
4. Where will you be living?
5. Who will be in your life?
6. What are the most important things in life?
7. What does happiness mean to you?
8. What does success mean to you?
9. What does it mean to live a good life?
10. What do you want to achieve or accomplish before you die?
11. Is there anything that’s holding you back from achieving this goal right now?
12. Who has had the biggest impact on your life so far and why?
13. How did they influence and shape you into who you are today?
14. Why did they have such a big impact on your life compared to other people that have passed through it only briefly?
15. What are some of your greatest regrets so far in life?
Personal questions to make you think about yourself
Here are some personal questions that make you think about yourself:
1. What holds the most meaning to me?
2. Am I happy with my life in this very moment?
3. What would happen if I forgot about all my plans and just followed my heart?
4. Am I being true to myself?
5. What is the one thing I need to do before I die?
6. What makes me truly happy?
7. If today were my last day on earth, what would I do with it?
8. Would I be satisfied with my life if it ended today?
9. What does money mean to me?
10. If I could change something about myself, what would it be and why?
Many adults are uncomfortable talking about philosophy, but it’s not only relevant to everyday life, it’s often fun to think about. But if you’re not sure where to begin, try asking yourself some of these thought-provoking questions:
11. What makes something art?
12. Why do we have dreams?
13. Is war necessary?
14. Can we trust our senses?
15. Is it right to judge someone based on their race/religion/sex/orientation etc.?
Cool questions that make you think
Here is a list of cool questions that make you think:
1. Why is it that when someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe, you believe them, but if they tell you a wall has wet paint, you have to touch it to make sure?
2. Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
3. What happens when you get scared half to death twice?
4. Is there another word for synonym?
5. If a man says something in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?
6. Isn’t it scary that doctors call what they do “practice”?
7. What’s the speed of dark?
8. Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?
9. Is it true cannibals don’t eat clowns because they taste funny?
10. If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
Clever questions that make you think
Here are some great confusing questions that make you think:
1. What’s a more disturbing thought: that we’re all just a tiny blip in space and time, or that we’re only here for a few years before we die anyway so what does it matter if something bad happens to us during our brief existence on Earth?
2. Would people be better off if they couldn’t love or hate one another because they’d never get hurt?
3. Why can’t people just accept one another for who they are instead of worrying about whether they’re better than everyone else or not?
4. Do people really have true friends or do all of their so-called friends only stick around because they stand to gain something from being around them?
5. Does life only exist here on Earth, or is there more out there somewhere in other galaxies and planets?
6. If an animal could talk, would we treat him differently than we do now as a result of our interaction with him?
7. Why does love hurt so much when a relationship ends and why do people continue to risk their hearts for it anyway?
8. If life ends with death, is it possible to even have a happy ending in life since everything eventually has to end one way or another?
9. Why are some people always happy while others are never satisfied no matter what happens in their lives?
10. Is there any way to be truly happy all of the time or is happiness something that’s only temporary until something bad happens again?
Questions that make you think critically
Here are some amazing questions that make you think critically:
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world without changing anything?
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
8. If the average human life span was 9 months, how would you live your life differently?
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Debate questions that make you think
Here is a list of debate questions that make you think:
How did the universe begin?
Will artificial intelligence overtake humans?
What is a thought and what is consciousness?
To some, these are tough questions. To others, however, they are hard to debate. But most of us like to think — even if it’s a debate we’d rather avoid.
While there are plenty of differences that arise between people when it comes to living in the universe, our existence as conscious beings cannot be denied. Here are a list of debate questions that make you think and worry about life.
1. Does life has a meaning or is it meaningless?
2. Is it really possible to have a true best friend?
3. Will the world be a better place 100 years from now?
4. Is war necessary? If so, which wars had to be fought in your opinion?
5. Is torture ever acceptable?
6. Should animals be used for research?
7. Should euthanasia be legalised and if so, what conditions should apply?
8. Are we alone in the universe or not?
9. Does God exist or not?
10. Do you think that life on other planets exists or not?
11. Why do we have to pay taxes?
Drunk questions that make you think
Below there are few drunk questions that make you think:
1. Should we have the right to die?
2. Do you think animals should be used for research?
3. Is the death penalty effective?
4. Is it OK to use animals for entertainment?
5. Is it ever right to break the law?
6. When is war justified?
7. What’s the purpose of life if there is no meaning in it?
8. Does religion cause war?
9. What’s more important: intelligence or common sense?
10. Should marijuana be legalised?
Also read: 100 Trippy questions to ask your high friend
Easy and random questions to ask that make you think
Here is a list of easy random questions to ask that make you think:
1. What is the most important key to success?
2. What does it mean to be successful?
3. Would you choose to be rich and miserable or poor and happy?
4. If you could go back in time and start your life over, would you do anything differently? Why/why not?
5. Would you give up one year of your life in exchange for $1 million dollars?
6. Would you give up one year of your life in exchange for $1 billion dollars?
7. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would those wishes be?
9. What if we are all just living in the Matrix?
10. Is there an afterlife that we go to after we die?
General Questions to make you think about life
Here is a list of general questions to make you think about life:
1. What is unique about human consciousness?
2. If everything in the universe is made up of atoms and the worlds are constantly expanding, then where does all that energy come from? How can energy be created out of nothingness?
3. What does death really mean? What happens after death?
4. Why do we dream? What purpose do dreams serve? And why are they so random and impossible most of the time?
5. How do I know you’re not a figment of my imagination right now and I’m just imagining this conversation between us as I type these words on my computer screen?
6. Why do humans have a need for religion or spirituality in their lives when they already have science to explain the world around them?
7. Why can’t people live their lives with just science alone, why do people need some kind of God or creator figure to give their lives meaning, to justify their existence and make sense of it all for them?
8. Are we really “free” beings or are we just puppets on strings being manipulated by forces beyond our control like fate or destiny, or by external factors like other people?
9. Would you rather live a short but happy life, or a long and unhappy one?
10. What makes someone a genuine friend?
11. What is the difference between morality and ethics?
12. Can you love someone and still cheat on them?
13. If everyone was perfect, there would be no such thing as “imperfection.”
14. What makes a great leader?
15. Should we strive to be perfect?
Hard questions to make you think
Here is a list of hard questions to make you think:
1. How to improve your self-confidence?
2. How to overcome the feeling of being depressed?
3. What do you think is the magic ingredient of success?
4. Is there any way to control your destiny?
5. Is it possible to have a successful career and happy family at the same time?
6. Is it true that gender equality has already been achieved?
7. Why does evil exist in this world?
8. Can we build a perfect society where everyone can coexist peacefully?
9. Is there any such thing as true love?
10. Is there something you will never give up on, no matter what happens?
11. Why do stupid people think they’re smart?
12. Do atheists miss out on the benefits of religion?
13. Is it better to be happy than to be right?
14. Is human nature fundamentally good or evil?
15. Is it okay to tell a lie in certain circumstances?
16. Is it better to live a comfortable life or an adventurous life?
17. What does it mean to have a “good” life?
18. How important is it to live an honest life?
19. How do you define “beauty”?
20. Would you kill a child if it was going to grow up and kill millions of people?
Also read: 50 Hard questions with answers
Hypothetical questions that make you think
Here are some hypothetical questions to make you think hard:
1. Why does one person become an addict and another does not, when they both started using for similar reasons?
2. How much credit do we give our parents for who we are, and how much do we blame them?
3. What is the purpose of life, and are we fulfilling it?
4. Should I have kids? If so, what kind of parent will I be?
5. Is there a God? If so, how would that affect my life?
6. Does God care about me, or is he just too busy to notice one person in six billion?
7. Is death something to fear, or should I welcome it?
8. Am I on the right path in life? Who gets to decide that – me, or someone else?
9. If a person truly repents for their sins before they die, do they get into heaven?
10. Are the Ten Commandments still relevant today, or were they written for a different time in history?
Also read: 50+ Questions no one can answer
Interview questions to make you think
Here is a huge list of Interview questions to make you think:
1. What should be your single most priority in life?
2. What is the one thing that you have never told anyone?
3. Can you live without Internet for a week?
4. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
5. What is the one thing that makes you smile?
6. If you can change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
7. What’s the best compliment someone has ever given you?
8. How many languages do you speak?
9. What’s the most beautiful place on earth that you have ever visited?
10. If there was one thing that everyone in this world must listen to, what song would it be?
Also read: 500+ Interview questions that make you think
Joke questions that make you think funny
Here is a list of joke questions to make you think funny:
1. If a guy with no arms has a gun, is he armed?
2. If you’re in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?
3. Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
4. You know how most packages say “Open here”. What is the protocol if the package says, “Open somewhere else”?
5. Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?
6. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
7. Why is it that when you transport something by car, it’s called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it’s called cargo?
8. You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes, why can’t they make the whole plane out of the same substance?
9. Why is it that when you’re driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?
10. If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
Logic questions that make you think
The following are a few logic questions that make you think:
1. Should a person be allowed to make decisions about the use of their body?
2. What is the difference between serving and serving well?
3. Are humans fundamentally rational creatures?
4. Is it morally permissible to use animals for food?
5. Should we have the right to die with dignity?
6. Who owns your genome?
7. If you have a daughter, what do you tell her about sexism and feminism?
8. Why are people against abortion but in favour of capital punishment?
9. Do you own your body or does society own it?
10. If there are no consequences for someone’s actions, are they still wrong or right?
11. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
12. What if nothing existed and we’re all just imagining everything and in reality nothing is here?
13. Is it I that dreams, or am I a dream?
14. What if the world exists only in my imagination?
15. Do people know what they are talking about when they say something?
Also read: 30+ Impossible questions with answers
Fun and Meme questions that make you think
Here is the best list of meme and fun questions to make you think:
1. Why is a boxing ring square?
2. If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their lights off?
3. What disease did cured ham actually have?
4. How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
5. When dog food is new and improved tasting, who tests it?
6. Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
7. Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?
8. You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!
9. Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
10. Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?
Odd, stupid and weird questions to make you think
Here are some odd and dumb questions to make you think:
1. If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
2. If someone says “I have never told a lie”, do you believe them?
3. Why are your arms always tired at the end of a long day but your legs never seem to get tired?
4. Is it possible to buy an entire chess set in a pawn shop?
5. Why is it called “after dark” when it really is “after light”
6. If money doesn’t grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
7. Why is toilet paper white when everything else that gets dirty (like tissues) is coloured?
8. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
9. What did the fish say when he hit the wall?
10. Why do people think that swaying their arm back and forth would change the direction of a bowling ball?
Obvious questions that make you think
Here are few obvious questions that make you think:
1. What can be done to make the world a better place?
2. How do you know you are not in a virtual world?
3. Is it possible to know anything for certain?
4. What is your take on religion?
5. Do we have free will, or are our actions pre-determined?
6. Should money be spent on space exploration?
7. How would you feel about a computer grading your essays?
8. Should everyone go to college?
9. What is the best way to motivate others?
Yes or no questions that make you think
1. Are you a person who makes up your mind slowly and finds it difficult to decide on simple things?
2. Are you a person who drives to the same places you always drive at night like it’s your job?
3. Have you ever smiled at strangers as they walk past you?
4. Do you think that silence is a golden rule in every conversation?
5. Have you ever thought about why people age, if we all die eventually?
6. Do you think that when someone dies, they are still alive in our hearts and the memories we have of them keep them alive forever?
7. Can people live without money or should they continue working hard to earn money until they die?
8. Should we celebrate Christmas even if there is no Santa Claus anymore?
9. Is it safer to be with others than alone in this world?
10. Would you rather work hard for someone else or work hard for yourself so that no one can control your life but you?
Truth or dare questions that make you think
1. Have you ever been caught in a lie?
2. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
3. Have you ever cried while watching a movie?
4. You can go back in time; what would you change?
5. Have you ever cheated on a test?
6. Who was your first crush?
7. What is your darkest secret?
8. Have you ever had a crush on an older person when you were younger? (instructor, teacher, etc.)
9. Have you ever hidden a friend’s secret from another friend even though it may hurt them in the end?
Pointless questions that make you think
Here is a great list of pointless questions that make you think:
1. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
2. Why does “slow down” and “slow up” mean the same thing?
3. Why does “fat chance” and “slim chance” mean the same thing?
4. Why do “tug” boats push their barges?
5. Why do we sing “Take me out to the ball game” when we are already there?
6. Why are they called stands when they are made for sitting?
7. Why is it called after dark when it really is after light?
8. Doesn’t “expecting the unexpected” make the unexpected expected?
9. Why are a “wise man” and a “wise guy” opposites?
10. Why do ‘overlook’ and ‘oversee’ mean opposite things
Nonsense questions that make you think
Here is a list of nonsense questions that make you think:
1. Is it true that all of the people who are against gay marriage are gay?
2. If a fire truck is driving at 55 mph, how far will it go before it hits another vehicle?
3. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
4. The word ‘swims’ upside down is still ‘swims’. How is that possible?
5. When you are on the third floor, and there is an earthquake, what floor do you feel it on?
6. Why does it take 15 minutes to cook minute rice?
7. Why isn’t the number 11 pronounced onety one?
8. Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
9. If an ambulance is on its way to save someone, and it runs someone over, does it stop to help them?
10. If milk expires in 5 days, can you eat it after 5 days or can only cows eat it after 5 days?
Rhetorical questions that make you think
The rhetorical questions that are most effective are the ones that make us think about ourselves. We all have a lot of stuff we don’t really understand about ourselves and our lives.
Rhetorical questions have the most power when they make us consider those things.
Here’s a list of ten rhetorical questions to get you thinking:
1. “What is patriotism?”
2. “How do we know what we know?”
3. “Is it ever okay to not tell the truth?”
4. “Should you ever stop dreaming?”
5. “Do you also feel like you don’t belong anywhere?”
6. “Why are we here?”
7. Why do we close our eyes when we hear music?
8. Why do we always feel like something is missing?
9. Why do the people who say they want to change the world never want to change themselves?
10. Do you ever wonder what life would be like if we’d never lost the dinosaurs?
11. What do people in China call their good plates?
12. If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
13. Is it possible to brush your teeth too hard?
14. Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
15. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
16. If electricity comes from electrons does morality come from morons?
17. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
Relationship questions that make you think
Here is a list of relationship questions that make you think:
1. When has your partner been kind, caring, or thoughtful in a time of need?
2. What are some ways you are similar to your mother/father?
3. In what ways are you particularly proud of your partner?
4. How did you meet your partner? What do you most love about your partner?
5. What was the first thing that attracted you to your partner?
6. If you could share one thing from your life with your partner, what would it be?
7. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
8. Do you find that there are any topics that are taboo in your relationship? Have these changed over time? Is there anything you would like to discuss but haven’t found a way to yet?
9. What is the quality that you admire most in yourself, and why?
10. If someone asked your partner what characteristic or trait of yours they would most want to change, what do you think it would be and why do you think they feel this way
Really dumb questions that make you think
Here are some really dumb questions to make you think:
1. What’s the use of a ‘No Smoking’ sign when there is no fire?
2. If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?
3. Why is it called tourist season if we can’t shoot at them?
4. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
5. Why are builders afraid to have a 13th floor but book publishers aren’t afraid to have a Chapter 11?
6. If you ate pasta and anti-pasta, would you still be hungry?
7. If the FBI breaks your door down do they have to pay for it?
8. Can you daydream at night?
9. What’s another word for synonym?
10. When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?
11. Why does the sound of a drill not hurt your eardrums?
12. Why are there 5 syllables in the word “monosyllabic”?
13. Where do you go when you die in an elevator?
14. How do I know if I’m dead or not?
15. If there are two types of people in the world, how would you label them?
16. What is the best way to find out if something tastes good without tasting it?
17. Why can’t women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
18. How come when you transport something by car, it’s called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it’s called cargo?
Riddle questions that make you think outside the box
These are some amazing riddle questions to make you think outside the box:
1. You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
i. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
ii. An old friend who once saved your life.
iii. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.
Knowing that there can only be one passenger in your car, whom would you choose?
2. Think of a word in English that has three consecutive double letters. Answer: Bookkeeper
3. What do you put in a toaster? Answer: Bread. If you said “toast”, then give up now and go do something else. Try not to hurt yourself with the toaster, it doesn’t like being mistreated any more than you do!
4. If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have? Answer: 2 (if you said “3” or “none”, give up now!)
5. A doctor gives you 3 pills telling you to take one every half hour. How many minutes would the pills last? Answer: 60 minutes (if you said “90”, give up now!)
6. Do you know what happens to a person’s soul after death?
7. Why are the logos of famous brands like Mcdonalds, KFC and Coca-Cola red and yellow?
8. Why do we say “it’s cold outside” but “it’s hot inside”?
9. Why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?
10. Why is it called a pair of pants when it’s only one thing?
11. Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
12. If you had only one match, and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil lamp, an oil heater, and a wood burning stove, which one would you light first?
13. If a plane crashes on the border between the US and Mexico, where do they bury the survivors?
14. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
15. Imagine that you are in a dark room where no light can penetrate through it. In your hand you have two candles, a box of matches and a newspaper. How will you get out of the room using these materials?
Silly questions to make you think twice
Here is a list of silly questions that make you think twice:
1. What came first: the chicken or the egg?
2. Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
3. If we aren’t supposed to eat at night, why do they put a light in the fridge?
4. Do fish get thirsty?
5. Is it normal to feel like you have forgotten something, but when you sit down to think about it you realize you have forgotten that you forgot something?
6. Why is it that some products you have to turn it upside down to read the directions, and the directions say do not turn upside down?
7. If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?
8. How come we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
9. If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
10. Why does round pizza come in a square box?
Serious questions that make you think
Here are some serious questions that make you think:
1. What is the meaning of life?
2. What is good?
4. What is the purpose of life?
5. What makes us human?
6. Why do we dream?
7. Why do we laugh and cry?
8. Why are we sexual beings?
9. Why do we have to die?
10. Where did human consciousness come from?
11. Is it better to live or not to live?
12. What are the different components of love?
13. Does God exist?
14. Do people have free will?
15. Why do we work?
16. What makes us happy?
17. Why do we dream?
18. Are humans good by nature or evil by nature?
19. Should children be taught religion in schools?
20. What would happen if god got cancer?
21. If god exists, why is he/she invisible? And if he/she isn’t invisible, why don’t we know where he/she is?
22. Why are we here?
23. If you could ask god one question, what would it be?
24. How did we get here? Was there ever a “big bang” that created the universe, or do we just not know what came before it?
25. Why did humans evolve to feel pain and emotions on this planet when we are so easily destroyed by other organisms just because they can survive in certain environments while we can’t really survive in any environment without technology (or at least clothing)?
Strange questions that make you think
Here is a list of strange questions that make you think:
1. What constitutes a person? If a human brain is transplanted into a machine, is the resulting being human?
2. If you could take a drug that would make you smarter but also shorten your life by 10 years, would you take it?
3. Would you clone yourself if you could?
4. Could you kill one innocent person to save 5 others? What about 50 people? 100 people? How about just to make their lives better with more money, jobs and education for everyone?
5. Is it okay to lie if it makes someone else happy?
6. Do all humans have an equal right to life, or are some lives worth more than others?
7. Can we ever truly understand each other’s perspective? Even if we know all the facts of someone else’s situation, can we really know how they feel unless we’ve experienced something similar ourselves?
8. Does changing our biological makeup change who we really are?
For example, if someone has a s#x change operation and becomes a different gender than the one they were born with, did they lose “themselves” in the process or are they still the same person inside even though they now look different on the outside and possibly have a different personality because of it.
Trick questions that make you think
Here are a few trick questions to make you think:
1. Do you think that you are the only person in your body?
2. Do you think that the way you see things is the right way to see them or just the way you choose to see them?
3. Do you believe in something so strongly that even if there were an overwhelming amount of evidence proving it wrong, your belief would remain unchanged?
4. If there was a point where every single bit of knowledge in the world was recorded, would there be anything left to discover?
5. Does your mind ever go blank when you’re trying to think of something? If so, how do you know it’s blank if you can’t remember what’s supposed to be there?
6. If God is all powerful and all knowing, why did he create Man in his own image ?
7. Are we really existing or just moving around like someone is dreaming us ?
8. What exactly makes a day 24 hours long ? Can it be any other length ? Did this length come from somewhere or is it just a coincidence?
9. How do we know if we are not living inside an atom of some bigger thing? Is it possible for us to ever know about this bigger thing and will our life change in any way if we find
Trivia questions that make you think
Here are the best trivia questions to make you think:
Because some trivia questions will never be answered, there is a certain allure to them. They make you think. They make you wonder. And they stick in your mind forever, as you wait for the day that they are finally answered.
The following are a few trivia questions that most people will not be able to answer.
1. What was the first soft drink in space?
2. When did Coca-Cola first introduce its Christmas advertising campaign?
3. When was the last time the moon was closer to the Earth than it is today?
4. What is the only U.S. state to observe Pacific Standard Time?
5. How many razor blades does Gillette manufacture each year?
6. What do bullet-proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common? All invented by women.
7. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what? Their birthplace.
8. It’s possible to lead a cow upstairs…but not downstairs. Ever wonder why? Because a cow’s knees can’t bend properly to walk back down.
9. What does “Little Boy” and “Fat Man” have in common? Both were the codenames for bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II.
This or that questions that make you think
This or that questions is a fun way to get to know someone or a great way to just burn some time.
There are many different ways you can play this game. You can even play with more than 2 people.
This or that questions are a great way to get to know more about someone without making them feel uncomfortable.
This or that questions are the kind of questions where you have to choose one option between two. For example, would you rather go out or stay at home? Would you rather be rich or famous?
These questions may seem simple on the surface, but they can be quite revealing. The game is similar to the question game, but this time you have to answer with either “This” or “That” instead of “Yes” or “No.”
Would you rather have hands that kept growing as you got older, or feet that kept growing as you got older?
Here are some of the best this or that questions around:
This or that questions for kids
1. Cookies or cake?
2. Chocolate or vanilla?
3. Spring break or Christmas break?
4. iPhone or Android?
5. YouTube or Netflix?
6. Dog person or cat person?
7. Summer vacation or winter vacation?
8. 1 million dollars cash right now, or 2 million dollars over the course of your life?
9. Swimming pools or oceans?
10. Dating or marriage?
11. A dog or a cat?
12. Chocolate or vanilla?
13. Spring or Fall?
14. Baseball or Football?
15. A day in the mountains at a cabin or a day at the beach?
16. A party with lots of people you don’t know, or a small party with just your closest friends?
17. Someone who is funny or someone who is serious?
18. Would you rather be able to fly whenever you wanted, but only 3 feet above the ground, or would you want to be invulnerable and indestructible?
19. Would you rather live forever and never be able to leave your home, or die in the next year but be able to travel and go wherever you wanted for that year?
20. If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you ask for?
Tough questions that make you think hard
Here are some tough questions to make you think hard:
1. Why is it so hard to accept the truth? Is it that we don’t believe or that we don’t want to believe?
2. If a man speaks his mind in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
3. When someone says “I love you” do they really mean it?
4. What would the world be like if religion didn’t exist? Would people be better off or worse off?
5. Do you truly feel alive when you are near death, when all your mortality has been laid bare before you?
6. Why does an alarm clock make noise even though it has nothing to steal?
7. If you could live forever, would you and why?
8. If love is blind, then how can beauty exist?
9. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or mind of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
10. How would your life be different if you were raised by someone else other than your parents?
Unanswerable questions that make you think
List of unanswerable questions that make you think:
1. Why is life so difficult?
2. Why is there not an atheist church?
3. What is the meaning of life?
4. Is humanity doomed to extinction?
5. Can you prove that God exists?
6. Why do we sleep?
7. Does the universe have a purpose?
8. Does God exist?
9. What are we really living for?
10. Do humans have free will?
Would you rather questions to make you think
With a question like “Would you rather be rich and unhappy or poor and happy,” you force your friend to choose between two options that are both unattractive.
Questions like this are great for getting people to think in depth about their position on different subjects.
If you feel like you know everything there is to know about your friends, try asking them a few of these questions.
1. Would you rather be free but poor or wealthy but a slave?**
2. Would you rather be famous and unhappy or unknown and happy?**
3. Would you rather run a successful business or be an accomplished artist?**
4. Would you rather be the best at something no one cares about or the worst at something everyone cares about?**
5. Would you rather lose all of your money and valuables or all of the pictures you have ever taken?**
6. Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?**
7. Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
8. Would you rather travel back in time or into the future?
9. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
10. Would you rather stop aging or stop time when you are having fun?
Best Wtf questions that make you think
Here is a list of best questions that make you think WTF
1. What would your name be if you were born today?
2. Would you rather have no voice or have a voice that doesn’t belong to you?
3. Which is more important: intelligence, talent or creativity?
4. If we were all guaranteed anonymity, would we find out who our true friends are?
5. Does being alive make life worth living?
6. What’s the best age to be for the kind of life you want to live?
7. Is there such thing as a 100% honest person?
8. Why do people stop dreaming after they “grow up”?
9. When did it become clear that Santa Claus wasn’t real?
10. If a parent never swears in front of kids, is it okay if they swear when they’re angry or frustrated with their kids?
11. What does the word “gullible” mean?
12. Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
13. Why is there no number 4 on the London Underground map?
14. What is the opposite of opposite?
15. When you say the word “always”, which letter is not pronounced?
16. Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real?
17. If you were arrested for kindness, would there be enough evidence to convict you?
18. Who invented the question mark?
19. Why do we say “something is out of whack”? What is a whack?
20. What do they call English pubs in England?